ADVERTISEMENT

2021 Schedule

I'm still flummoxed with NU's morbid fascination with playing a football game in that Chicago landmark rathole venue that is Wrigley Field. Terrible sight lines in 80% of the seats, restrooms that remain a frightening environment to contract an STD merely from touching a stall door handle, price gouging parking venues and to top it all off... playing the Broiler Chickens in the snow (2nd last regular season game). Perhaps this is a hold-over from Dr. Philips' futile attempts to generate a collegiate following from among the Windy City's rabid professional pigskin fanbase who are more than just a little willing to wallow in the Bores... er, make that the Bears... annual bed crapping contests when playing their NFC North rivals. The novelty of revisiting the nostalgic era of Bears games played at Wrigley has long passed. There are many well-chronicled reasons why Pappa Bear George Halas jumped at the chance to leave the Sheffield & Addison rathole for yet another rathole that was Soldier Filed in the early 70's. Why reprise those horrible "dead-n-buried" game venue decisions of the 50s & 60's?

Last edited:
I'm still flummoxed with NU's morbid fascination with playing a football game in that Chicago landmark rathole venue that is Wrigley Field. Terrible sight lines in 80% of the seats, restrooms that remain a frightening environment to contract an STD merely from touching a stall door handle, price gouging parking venues and to top it all off... playing the Broiler Chickens in the snow (2nd last regular season game). Perhaps this is a hold-over from Dr. Philips' futile attempts to generate a collegiate following from among the Windy City's rabid professional pigskin fanbase who are more than just a little willing to wallow in the Bores... er, make that the Bears... annual bed crapping contests when playing their NFC North rivals. The novelty of revisiting the nostalgic era of Bears games played at Wrigley has long passed. There are many well-chronicled reasons why Pappa Bear George Halas jumped at the chance to leave the Sheffield & Addison rathole for yet another rathole that was Soldier Filed in the early 70's. Why reprise those horrible "dead-n-buried" game venue decisions of the 50s & 60's?

Marketing and recruiting that’s why. Hopefully they’ve learned some lessons from the first Wrigley game. The goal should be to match the Yankee Stadium game. That was an awesome experience. Were you in the Bronx that day?

Reactions: zeek55
Blah, blah, blah, blah, blah
I assume you’ve been there since the updates. Nah, didn’t think so.

Reactions: CoralSpringsCat
I will probably try go to the Michigan game this year.

Anyone know if tickets through NU are tough to get/where do they seat opposing fans at Michigan?

I will probably try go to the Michigan game this year.

Anyone know if tickets through NU are tough to get/where do they seat opposing fans at Michigan?
Are you a season ticket holder? It's easy to get seats for road games. The seats are bad, even with decent Purple Points numbers, but there is nothing like a Cat win on the road. I have not ticked off Michigan, but have gotten Illinois, Purdue, Iowa, Wisconsin, Penn State, Rutgers and Maryland. Six more to go!

Reactions: jne381
Are you a season ticket holder? It's easy to get seats for road games. The seats are bad, even with decent Purple Points numbers, but there is nothing like a Cat win on the road. I have not ticked off Michigan, but have gotten Illinois, Purdue, Iowa, Wisconsin, Penn State, Rutgers and Maryland. Six more to go!
Michigan games are an entertaining experience. It is a three ring circus of roving bands, cheerleaders, pom moms, jet flyovers and parachutes, Not to mention stuff on the teleprompter, there is even a game going on.
Add 110,000 fans and the place has a little bit of energy.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT