ADVERTISEMENT

2025 Schedule

Jonny2TheP

Gold Member
Dec 11, 2007
Des Moines, IA
I read a story a bit ago that Wake Forest backed out of their game at Ole Miss next year. With very limited P4 options available, it has lleft Ole Miss in a bad spot. Reminds me of a certain Vandy/Franklin situation many years back, but I digress…

I was surprised to see that we officially only have one OOC game on the books for next year - at Tulane to open to season. Thats surprising considering how far out football schedules are planned. So, two questions:

1) Does anyone have any insight or heard any rumors about who are other two opponents will be? My assumption is a directional Illinois school and a MAC school, but kinda odd nothing has been announced yet.

2) I know an Ole Miss/NU pairing makes pretty much no sense and it would totally shock me if that happened…but why not? That team is a juggernaut and we’d very likely get beat handily (this is admittedly a valid answer to the “why not?” question), but with them having limited P4 options, I wonder if it would even be considered/entertained.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.