ADVERTISEMENT

I get the AP and coaches polls because they’re an amalgam of averages from numerous voters, but the CFP ranking is a committee sitting in a room and discussing things. Fitz should be pissed as this one has bowl implications (I believe). When 2 teams are about equal and ranked back to back, you’d think somebody would say, “Hey, Team A beat Team B, so let’s switch that order.”

I get the AP and coaches polls because they’re an amalgam of averages from numerous voters, but the CFP ranking is a committee sitting in a room and discussing things. Fitz should be pissed as this one has bowl implications (I believe). When 2 teams are about equal and ranked back to back, you’d think somebody would say, “Hey, Team A beat Team B, so let’s switch that order.”
MSU get too much credit for the narrow win over PSU. That game had a 5 hour lighting delay in which PSU had to sit in one of the worst locker rooms outside of Dyche Stadium. Without the delay I wonder if the outcome is different. Doesn't seem to me to justify 5 ranking place difference between them and the team that beat them.

common opponents they beat PSU, we lost, we both beat Iowa but we blew out Minnesota and Maryland and they won close games. Oh, and we beat them straight up. Seems like two pretty evenly matched teams, head to head seems like a logical tie-breaker. I don't get it either

I think the committee doesn't give a shite about anything outside the top 10. Basically "also receiving votes'

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT