ADVERTISEMENT

247 Says Jacob Jefferson is a Wildcat

Seems all but a formality at this point. Always great to see players from TX. We seem to get real talented players from the Lone Star State, even when they are not highly ranked.

Congrats to JJ. That makes it three JJs in five years, I think.

He is one handsome fellow. He should model our unis!

I think his junior year tape is really impressive. He is fast and has good yards after catch. He seems very durable despite being a bit undersized. Great add to an already strong class.

I get the feeling he didn't want this to come out for a few days. Welcome to the spotlight, I guess.

The thing I noticed about his tape was how well he changes direction at full speed.
Some guys seemed to run as fast as he did in a straight line but BAM suddenly he is running east and west and has separation. Very athletic.
I always worry about offensive players with long hair. I remember a game where a guy from NU brought down a QB by his hair. Legal tackle I guess.

Reactions: DkeCat
We have found some diamonds in the rough in Texas. Last year our two lowest rated recruits were Alex Miller and Bullock. Both look like they will be contributors. The famed 2014 class had two Texans ranked at the bottom in XWash and McGee. They have both been strong. Both will play a ton this year. McGee iMO is one of the most underrated guys on the team. Bates and the others are doing a job in Texas.

We have found some diamonds in the rough in Texas. Last year our two lowest rated recruits were Alex Miller and Bullock. Both look like they will be contributors. The famed 2014 class had two Texans ranked at the bottom in XWash and McGee. They have both been strong. Both will play a ton this year. McGee iMO is one of the most underrated guys on the team. Bates and the others are doing a job in Texas.
Has anyone seen much of Whillock? I thought his tape was great and he was way overlooked. Jake Murray was another guy from Texas who could play, but he just retired.

Has anyone seen much of Whillock? I thought his tape was great and he was way overlooked. Jake Murray was another guy from Texas who could play, but he just retired.

Pretty sure I saw Whillock Breaking up a pass during the practice yesterday.speaking of kids from Texas, I am very anxious to see Hiller on the field.

I mistakenly call Walker "Franklin" and Thompson "Jefferson. What am I gonna call Jefferson?

I wasn't able to make it out to the lakefront to watch the open practice yesterday (4/1). But I did catch the rerun of it on BTN last nite with Persa and Enit interviewing players and coaches. I really feel as though if the Cats are ever going to make a run at the BIG championship- this is the year. If we can stay relatively healthy/and get fired up to play every game like we did against Pitt, we have a great chance to at least win the West and play for the championship against whomever wins the East. I don't think it will be PSU or Michigan. With JJ's senior season and all our returning talent- why not us this year? All the guys seemed very spirited and sprightly with a spring in their steps. I have been predicting that Lees will have a breakout season all along and will be a frosh AA. If Thor continues to improve, he might be first team all BIG. I think NFox will start at midlinbacker and will have a breakout season as well- he might be all BIG too. Also, I thought Persa looked very sharp and stylish on BTN too- does anyone know what he does for work now?

Reactions: DaCat
I wasn't able to make it out to the lakefront to watch the open practice yesterday (4/1). But I did catch the rerun of it on BTN last nite with Persa and Enit interviewing players and coaches. I really feel as though if the Cats are ever going to make a run at the BIG championship- this is the year. If we can stay relatively healthy/and get fired up to play every game like we did against Pitt, we have a great chance to at least win the West and play for the championship against whomever wins the East. I don't think it will be PSU or Michigan. With JJ's senior season and all our returning talent- why not us this year? All the guys seemed very spirited and sprightly with a spring in their steps. I have been predicting that Lees will have a breakout season all along and will be a frosh AA. If Thor continues to improve, he might be first team all BIG. I think NFox will start at midlinbacker and will have a breakout season as well- he might be all BIG too. Also, I thought Persa looked very sharp and stylish on BTN too- does anyone know what he does for work now?

Football Cats need to steal the Basketball mantra.....

"It's Time".

I get the feeling he didn't want this to come out for a few days. Welcome to the spotlight, I guess.

The thing I noticed about his tape was how well he changes direction at full speed.
Some guys seemed to run as fast as he did in a straight line but BAM suddenly he is running east and west and has separation. Very athletic.
I always worry about offensive players with long hair. I remember a game where a guy from NU brought down a QB by his hair. Legal tackle I guess.
Another VM?

With JJ in the fold, what is the status of our RB candidates. Are any visiting next week?

Mick,

You coming to Pig Dinner this Friday? Revsine is emcee. Pete Millers in Evanston.

Another VM?

This kid is a little bigger and Mark was a RB in HS while this kid is a WR and that is where he'll stay. One of the biggest mistakes our staff has made from a personnel standpoint was trying to make Mark into a WR in his first two years at NU. First of all they failed to recognize how effective he could be at the P5 level if he stayed at RB and secondly they tried to make him into a WR when he wasn't particularly good at catching the ball.

This kid is a little bigger and Mark was a RB in HS while this kid is a WR and that is where he'll stay. One of the biggest mistakes our staff has made from a personnel standpoint was trying to make Mark into a WR in his first two years at NU. First of all they failed to recognize how effective he could be at the P5 level if he stayed at RB and secondly they tried to make him into a WR when he wasn't particularly good at catching the ball.

He looks bigger than his measurements to me.

Texas's Big Ten Team!

Mick,

You coming to Pig Dinner this Friday? Revsine is emcee. Pete Millers in Evanston.

HJack,
I can't make it this weekend. I'll be in Peoria for my wife's cousin's wedding. I wish I had known about it earlier- I could have opted not to go to the nuptials downstate. Take care, Hungry Jack. And have some fun.

Just saying we do pretty good with guys who were "Blessed"

Jacob Jefferson @JJ_THEONE13
I am immensely honored and blessed to receive an offer from Northwestern University
GregoryNewsome#️⃣5️⃣@finao_greg5
Blessed to receive an offer from the university of Northwestern
Charlemagne@CharlieMangieri
I'm extremely blessed to announce that I have received my second scholarship offer from Northwestern University
Jason Whittaker @jasonwhitt99
Excited and blessed to say I have received an offer from Northwestern University!
Payne He'Bert @payneh99
Feeling so blessed right now. It's a dream come true. Just received an offer from Northwestern University!!
Payne He'Bert @payneh99
Blessed to say I'm committed to Northwestern University! Grateful to those who helped me along the way.

I don't have everyones offer tweets.

Just saying we do pretty good with guys who were "Blessed"

Jacob Jefferson @JJ_THEONE13
I am immensely honored and blessed to receive an offer from Northwestern University
GregoryNewsome#️⃣5️⃣@finao_greg5
Blessed to receive an offer from the university of Northwestern
Charlemagne@CharlieMangieri
I'm extremely blessed to announce that I have received my second scholarship offer from Northwestern University
Jason Whittaker @jasonwhitt99
Excited and blessed to say I have received an offer from Northwestern University!
Payne He'Bert @payneh99
Feeling so blessed right now. It's a dream come true. Just received an offer from Northwestern University!!
Payne He'Bert @payneh99
Blessed to say I'm committed to Northwestern University! Grateful to those who helped me along the way.

I don't have everyones offer tweets.
They didn't call us the Fighting Methodists for nothing.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT