ADVERTISEMENT

3-star LB picks up offer, set to visit Northwestern

Is this a "firm" offer? He hasn't had an official visit yet. Has he had an informal visit?

Just to clarify: prospects can't take official visits until their senior year of high school starts. So no one is taking officials now; they can only take unofficials. Theobald has not visited NU yet, but that's not unusual. Many prospects get offers before visiting.

Do we really need more defensive players at this point in the recruiting year? Shouldn't we be focusing on OTs and WRs and maybe kicker/punter?

Do we really need more defensive players at this point in the recruiting year? Shouldn't we be focusing on OTs and WRs and maybe kicker/punter?

Not really how it works. I'm a little surprised they want to take another linebacker, but you don't just "focus" on certain positions at certain times in a recruiting cycle.

Just because we put out another offer on the D side of the ball does not mean we are not going after guys on the O side.

I'm a little surprised they want to take another linebacker

That's my point. I know we won't be focusing exclusively on offensive players, but given the current composition of the recruits and those of the last couple of years, it seems odd that we'd offering yet another linebacker. I understand that some kids are just studs and that you'd take them no matter your class composition, but it seems to me that if we're going to extend more offers that they should be in our positions of greatest need.

I say this with no visibility to Theobald's skill set. Who knows, he may be the next Anthony Walker Jr.

That's my point. I know we won't be focusing exclusively on offensive players, but given the current composition of the recruits and those of the last couple of years, it seems odd that we'd offering yet another linebacker. I understand that some kids are just studs and that you'd take them no matter your class composition, but it seems to me that if we're going to extend more offers that they should be in our positions of greatest need.

I say this with no visibility to Theobald's skill set. Who knows, he may be the next Anthony Walker Jr.

My guess is that a commitment from Theobald would precipitate a position change, most likely Tommy Vitale.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT