ADVERTISEMENT

3-star WR Jeremy Singleton can see himself at NU

You can't really get a good sense of how fast this kid is from his film. The problem is he starts accelerating and then accelerates some more, then he runs faster but it is too late because the field is only 100 yards long and before he can get to full speed he scores a TD.

Jeremy Singleton felt comfortable at Northwestern during his overnight visit this week.

Singleton can see himself at Northwestern ($)

Per the linked Rivals story, Kolby Taylor is another WR recruit that we have a shot at. He would be a very nice get but obviously competition is heating up for him. Sounds like he will be visiting us in June. Singleton, Taylor and Sullivan-Brown (particularly if we land Kasim Hill) are the three WRs with NU offers that I think we have a decent shot at landing.

https://notredame.n.rivals.com/news...-kolby-taylor-plans-to-give-notre-dame-a-look

With 9 commits and 16 slots (I think), I am guessing the remaining 7 will go something like this (with likely suspects listed):

OL (2 tackles): Widerkehr, Andries, Miranda, Hongiford, plan Bs
QB (1): Hill, Sears, plan B
WR (2, I would think): your guess is as good as mine
CB (at least 1 and more likely 2 given that the 2016 class only has RoCamp)
RB (we are actually pretty deep here with Brown and Larkin entering, so this slot might go to an athlete too)

With 9 commits and 16 slots (I think), I am guessing the remaining 7 will go something like this (with likely suspects listed):

RB (we are actually pretty deep here with Brown and Larkin entering, so this slot might go to an athlete too)

All things considered, your list looks good to me, including getting another CB in exchange for an RB. And should the constellations perfectly align and Hill and Sears both want to come to Northwestern, I'd sacrifice a WR spot to take them both in a heartbeat. It would offset the chances of "divine intervention" a la what happened last year and shore up the position for at least two years.

All things considered, your list looks good to me, including getting another CB in exchange for an RB. And should the constellations perfectly align and Hill and Sears both want to come to Northwestern, I'd sacrifice a WR spot to take them both in a heartbeat. It would offset the chances of "divine intervention" a la what happened last year and shore up the position for at least two years.
I agree that we could do without a RB in this class, and I'd probably rather a CB because they are so important, and tend to be the best athletes and thus the most fungible in terms of position.

We are reasonably young and deep at WR with Nagel, Green, Fessler, Roberts and Lees, Skowronek, and RCB entering, so 2 might be plenty. Just gotta get guys who can make plays...

When it comes to the last slot or two, best player available might be how it pans out, with WR, QB, and CB probably being the areas of biggest impact.

I think we will have a minimum of 17 scholarships in this class and a max of 21. My guess is that we give out 20 so we have 11 more to go. My best guess on the distribution is as follows:

1 QB
2 OL
1 RB
2 WR
1 LB
1 S
2 CB
1 Punter

We have some good young WR prospects on the roster but very unproven. Would be nice to see us find a couple good ones to shore up what was a weak position last year. Our WRs didn't help CT much. A cover CB is always a need.

Per the linked Rivals story, Kolby Taylor is another WR recruit that we have a shot at. He would be a very nice get but obviously competition is heating up for him. Sounds like he will be visiting us in June. Singleton, Taylor and Sullivan-Brown (particularly if we land Kasim Hill) are the three WRs with NU offers that I think we have a decent shot at landing.

https://notredame.n.rivals.com/news...-kolby-taylor-plans-to-give-notre-dame-a-look
Corb, I am hearing whispers that Lovie is close to getting his first commit. Smalling the WR from Brother Rice. We aren't recruiting him, you hearing anything?

We have some good young WR prospects on the roster but very unproven. Would be nice to see us find a couple good ones to shore up what was a weak position last year. Our WRs didn't help CT much. A cover CB is always a need.
Yes and WR is a position that often doesn't need a redshirt year to grow.

Corb, I am hearing whispers that Lovie is close to getting his first commit. Smalling the WR from Brother Rice. We aren't recruiting him, you hearing anything?

He would be a good player for them. He is a guy that is good enough to play for us but I am pretty sure the staff does not see him as a fit due to overall profile.

He would be a good player for them. He is a guy that is good enough to play for us but I am pretty sure the staff does not see him as a fit due to overall profile.

Seems like another "good not great" local guy. Not sure Smalling has the speed to consistently beat P5 DBs, especially lacking ideal size.

Sounds a little like Markshausen, not fast, small. All he did was get open and catch everything. Or Dudek who was passed by all the experts. There is no measuring desire in numbers, just in actions. Hopefully CT will be working with the receivers and developing the ability with them to both be on the same page each play.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT