ADVERTISEMENT

4-STAR RIVALS250 DE DEVIN O'ROURKE IS A WILDCAT

Boy, Fitz is really loading up on DL talent. I, for one, love it! Welcome aboard Devin.

Go Cats!

Reactions: rmndcat
4 commits out of 9 offers to 2018 Illinois recruits so far with 3 still undecided. I'm impressed! As Fitz often says, it all starts in our own backyard.

4 commits out of 9 offers to 2018 Illinois recruits so far with 3 still undecided. I'm impressed! As Fitz often says, it all starts in our own backyard.
This is the strongest start in IL I can remember

Is it now time to get the OL guys?

We already have two announced OL commits and reportedly a 3rd one is a silent commit that will be publicly announced on 3/17. At most we take one more OL. What we need now are some skill OL guys and some back seven defensive guys.

Any chance you want to take a sec to be happy about this before you opine on what's missing?
I'll let you put on your phony happy face. I've been supporting NU programs for over 50 years and I'll ask a question whenever the hell I want and I'll get a responsible reply. Thanks Corbi.

Reactions: chicagocatfan24
I'll let you put on your phony happy face. I've been supporting NU programs for over 50 years and I'll ask a question whenever the hell I want and I'll get a responsible reply. Thanks Corbi.

Heck, Willy. I have happily supported the Cats since the late 50s. Nothing phony about it.

Hard pass on Sanborn, we have a good chance at the other two.

Willy, we have unofficially 3 OL committed already (2 verbal plus a presumptive one from Blake, Wyatt next week). So we have a QB, guys to block for him, and a guy to throw it to.

We have some more offers out to guys who should get you excited--Greg Newsome, Jaylan Franklin to name a few. Stay tuned. Stay chipper. These are good times for Cat fans.

Last edited:
Reactions: CatsDad
Willy, we have unofficially 3 OL committed already (2 verbal plus a presumptive one from Blake Wyatt next week). So we have a QB, guys to block for him, and a guy to throw it to.

We have some more offers out to guys who should get you excited--Greg Newsome, Jaylan Franklin to name a few. Stay tuned. Stay chipper. These are good times for Car fans.
guess you have it down to the last sentence. thanks.

We already have two announced OL commits and reportedly a 3rd one is a silent commit that will be publicly announced on 3/17. At most we take one more OL. What we need now are some skill OL guys and some back seven defensive guys.

It wasn't that long ago when the program was having trouble getting difference-makers at DE and at CB.

How times have changed.

Now, if the situation at the O-line improves (not greedy - just want to see an average O-line for the B1G - OK, maybe a little above average) and can land a game-changer at wide-out (talking about an NFL caliber WR) - the 'Cats should be contention for the B1G West for the next 4-5 years.

What a great Friday for NU sports!

Today's tribune says he is the top in state prospect as rated by 24/7 and that this is the first time in that sites 19 year history that NU landed the top in state player
Regardless of rank, JJ certainly looks in hindsight to be the top HS player from 2014. It's hard to understate what he has accomplished at NU. Given that he was IHSA POY, he was the de facto #1 in my book. He certainly has played like it.

I am just thrilled that 2018 is starting off so well in state. If we can reel in Newsome and Blake, this will be the best Illinois class in my memory. I think GB reeled in some very good local classes.

Regardless of rank, JJ certainly looks in hindsight to be the top HS player from 2014. It's hard to understate what he has accomplished at NU. Given that he was IHSA POY, he was the de facto #1 in my book. He certainly has played like it.

I am just thrilled that 2018 is starting off so well in state. If we can reel in Newsome and Blake, this will be the best Illinois class in my memory. I think GB reeled in some very good local classes.
2014 was good with Jackson, thorson and westphal. I was surprised to see Jackson was 8th in state per rivals, behind thorson. The #1 kid was a linebacker who went to LSU and has since transferred to UAB who apparently is reinstating football. I agree with you though Jackson is everything you could ever want in a player and the local recruiting is killing it

Reactions: DaCat
Today's tribune says he is the top in state prospect as rated by 24/7 and that this is the first time in that sites 19 year history that NU landed the top in state player

Number two in state by Rivals, Number 1 by 24/7. Offers from a whole bunch of folks like Nebraska, Wisconsin, etc. he is a big-time recruit. Hopefully it will help us land a couple of others like Newsome

OK, Jack, here is how it is, Blake will be a Cat, Newsome very likely, visiting us approximately April 1

Reactions: Purple Pile Driver
OK, Jack, here is how it is, Blake will be a Cat, Newsome very likely, visiting us approximately April 1

Still not sure why Newsome is considered "very likely" besides a couple of 247 Crystal Ball predictions for NU...

Blake this coming Friday, Newsome? I will guess after his visit April 1.
Still not sure why Newsome is considered "very likely" besides a couple of 247 Crystal Ball predictions for NU...

Because it seems kind of likely that he said something to wiltfong on Friday to make him change his opinion after the interview he had with him on Tuesday. Wiltfong did not change for no reason.

Because it seems kind of likely that he said something to wiltfong on Friday to make him change his opinion after the interview he had with him on Tuesday. Wiltfong did not change for no reason.

So pretty much 100% conjecture.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT