ADVERTISEMENT

538 Plays CFB Stratomatic, and NU Flounders

Hungry Jack

Gold Member
Nov 17, 2008
the cotton fields and bus shelters
www.cbc.ca
I like 538 and admire Silver's data acumen, but he dissed our Wildcats in his very recent simulation on of a new scheduling paradigm that promises to make college football great again.

He proposes a power-pairing schedule for the regulatr that is dynamic in nature, and creates weekly matchups of comparable teams that in effect is a tournament. It is totally artificial, kinda cool, and will never happen.

He then simulates the 2016 conference season, and we somehow end up 3-6 and LOSING TO RUTGERS.

Nate Silver, WTF?

I like 538 and admire Silver's data acumen, but he dissed our Wildcats in his very recent simulation on of a new scheduling paradigm that promises to make college football great again.

He proposes a power-pairing schedule for the regulatr that is dynamic in nature, and creates weekly matchups of comparable teams that in effect is a tournament. It is totally artificial, kinda cool, and will never happen.

He then simulates the 2016 conference season, and we somehow end up 3-6 and LOSING TO RUTGERS.

Nate Silver, WTF?

Have you never heard the head ball coach say "Stats are for losers!"?

Nate Silver, WTF?

Just another garbage model, they're a dime a dozen.

Reactions: Alaskawildkat
Also, Nate Silver went to UChicago, and they don't seem to know a whole lot about college football this side of WWII

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT