ADVERTISEMENT

80%+ end zone seats

Apologies -- LtP says that was old version of plans....

The new plans eliminate the north bleachers and narrow the south grandstand to half the width indicated in the drawing above. The same seating capacity is maintained by that narrower set of bleachers rising to the approximate height of Evanston’s Orrington Plaza before gently arcing halfway over the field of play, providing exactly 1851 seats (to be equipt with safety harnessing) that enable lucky fans to experience an entire game while suspended upside down over the action.

Last edited:
Do we know if the current Martin Stadium seating will be altered? The assumption is temporary seating will be added around the current seating, but I've never seen that confirmed. They could re-configure Martin Stadium in a way that allows for more temporary seating on the West side of the field. Martin Stadium is fine, but I've always wished they would have designed the grandstand a little differently (such as elevating it so the first row can see over people walking in front or moving it closer to the field and run the concourse underneath it).

Do we know if the current Martin Stadium seating will be altered? The assumption is temporary seating will be added around the current seating, but I've never seen that confirmed. They could re-configure Martin Stadium in a way that allows for more temporary seating on the West side of the field. Martin Stadium is fine, but I've always wished they would have designed the grandstand a little differently (such as elevating it so the first row can see over people walking in front or moving it closer to the field and run the concourse underneath it).

I have heard that they are considering raising the level of the grandstands. I noted the same thing you did when at the LAX game this weekend — pretty much none of the existing seats would be able to see over a football sideline.

The other “solution” would be to put both teams on the same sideline, but… yeah, I just hate that.

I have heard that they are considering raising the level of the grandstands. I noted the same thing you did when at the LAX game this weekend — pretty much none of the existing seats would be able to see over a football sideline.

The other “solution” would be to put both teams on the same sideline, but… yeah, I just hate that.
Not ideal but already happens for Wrigley games

Reactions: Alaskawildkat
Reactions: Alaskawildkat
Reactions: ricko654321
The new plans eliminate the north bleachers and narrow the south grandstand to half the width indicated in the drawing above. The same seating capacity is maintained by that narrower set of bleachers rising to the approximate height of Evanston’s Orrington Plaza before gently arcing halfway over the field of play, providing exactly 1851 seats (to be equipt with safety harnessing) that enable lucky fans to experience an entire game while suspended upside down over the action.
Better not have to pee

Reactions: julescat
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT