ADVERTISEMENT

A fan wants to know

mesacat

May 29, 2001
When might we expect some news?
Some info on Saturdays scrimmage, the 2 deep for Rutgers. and our starter at QB.

LOL. This Locker kid thinks Tiernan will be moved inside to guard. That says it all about his credibility.

LOL. This Locker kid thinks Tiernan will be moved inside to guard. That says it all about his credibility.
He is likely just listing the starting 5 OL without considering their position.

This board is feisty lately! Raaaawr!

Reactions: drewjin
They are keeping the QB decision in-house.

Uggh.... not a good start. I'm sorry, but whatever competitive advantage this gives you by keeping it a secret is outweighed by the missed opportunity to proudly, loudly declare to the world - this is our guy who won a fair, spirited competition and we're fired up to start the season! The secretive approach is the old fashioned, Pat Fitzgerald, play-not-to-lose approach instead of a bold, confident go-for-the-win approach.

Uggh.... not a good start. I'm sorry, but whatever competitive advantage this gives you by keeping it a secret is outweighed by the missed opportunity to proudly, loudly declare to the world - this is our guy who won a fair, spirited competition and we're fired up to start the season! The secretive approach is the old fashioned, Pat Fitzgerald, play-not-to-lose approach instead of a bold, confident
Fitz named hunter Johnson our starter b4 msu?? As long as we beat Rutgers he can name any player our qb

Uggh.... not a good start. I'm sorry, but whatever competitive advantage this gives you by keeping it a secret is outweighed by the missed opportunity to proudly, loudly declare to the world - this is our guy who won a fair, spirited competition and we're fired up to start the season! The secretive approach is the old fashioned, Pat Fitzgerald, play-not-to-lose approach instead of a bold, confident go-for-the-win approach.
In the story on Braun's press conference this week from Matthew, it was reported that the team captains will be announced this week before the game. I assume, that will effectively be the announcement of the QB as I have to imagine your starting QB is one of your captains. If that's the case, I guess I can understand wanting to make that part of a more team-focused announcement.

At least, that's what I'm hoping....

Last time Fitz announced before the season that somebody had won the starting job, it was Hunter Johnson. (Actually, I can't remember if he announced Hilinski for last season, but last season doesn't exist.)

As long as the team knows who QB1 is, it matters not one lick whether the fans know before the opener.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT