ADVERTISEMENT

A Message For FloridAlum

Jonny2TheP

Gold Member
Dec 11, 2007
Des Moines, IA
I have never had the pleasure of attending one of your purple parties over the years, and with a 4 year old and 1 year old, who knows if it will ever happen? But I just wanted to say that I think it's awesome what you do to get 'Cat fans together for a game every year. Seriously, it's something I am guessing is pretty unique to this board and seems to have spawned a ton of friendships over the years.

Even though I have never, and may never, have a chance to partake, I still appreciate the effort and time you put into it so that a bunch of 'Cats fans can have a blast at a road game each year. Kudos to you, sir.

I have never had the pleasure of attending one of your purple parties over the years, and with a 4 year old and 1 year old, who knows if it will ever happen? But I just wanted to say that I think it's awesome what you do to get 'Cat fans together for a game every year. Seriously, it's something I am guessing is pretty unique to this board and seems to have spawned a ton of friendships over the years.

Even though I have never, and may never, have a chance to partake, I still appreciate the effort and time you put into it so that a bunch of 'Cats fans can have a blast at a road game each year. Kudos to you, sir.

Aw shucks. There is a couple who will be attending the dinner party and sitting in the ticket block bringing a one-year-old and a three-year-old, so don't say never. We certainly have had a bunch of kids in the past. Sometime maybe I'll tell you about how it all evolved, there has been a bunch of trial and error, started out because I got inspired by far east wildcat in two thousand and thought it would be neat to get a bunch of fans together . Of course, I only do this in a location where I want to go see the game. Broke even or lost atiny bit of money a couple of times until I started building in a small profit margin to cover some overhead and pay for a little bit of my trip. It can be interesting trying to plan something in a city to which I have never been and do not know my way around, but by and large it has worked out. I tried some different things and finally decided on what works for me, Like if you attend you'll get a full meal not a snack. That's just the way it is. It might cost a couple bucks more but no one is forcing you to attend. I have been kind of fortunate to find some good locations and good food. I do take some pride in enabling some folks to meet each other and form some really good friendships that they might not have otherwise. I do really get a kick out of looking around and seeing 50 or more folks wearing purple sitting together at a game and feeling like I helped get them there. We will have over 70 at Duke. My record block was 220 at Boston College, but that was because a couple of groups wanted to join in my block. Mostly though it has been lunch or dinner parties. Anyway by and large I have enjoyed it although I am starting to get somewhat tired of the aggravation . Thank you for your very kind words.

Aw shucks. There is a couple who will be attending the dinner party and sitting in the ticket block bringing a one-year-old and a three-year-old, so don't say never. We certainly have had a bunch of kids in the past. Sometime maybe I'll tell you about how it all evolved, there has been a bunch of trial and error, started out because I got inspired by far east wildcat in two thousand and thought it would be neat to get a bunch of fans together . Of course, I only do this in a location where I want to go see the game. Broke even or lost atiny bit of money a couple of times until I started building in a small profit margin to cover some overhead and pay for a little bit of my trip. It can be interesting trying to plan something in a city to which I have never been and do not know my way around, but by and large it has worked out. I tried some different things and finally decided on what works for me, Like if you attend you'll get a full meal not a snack. That's just the way it is. It might cost a couple bucks more but no one is forcing you to attend. I have been kind of fortunate to find some good locations and good food. I do take some pride in enabling some folks to meet each other and form some really good friendships that they might not have otherwise. I do really get a kick out of looking around and seeing 50 or more folks wearing purple sitting together at a game and feeling like I helped get them there. We will have over 70 at Duke. My record block was 220 at Boston College, but that was because a couple of groups wanted to join in my block. Mostly though it has been lunch or dinner parties. Anyway by and large I have enjoyed it although I am starting to get somewhat tired of the aggravation . Thank you for your very kind words.

If you ever meet FloridAlum you will see quickly why he is THE man!

Unfortunately, I won't be there this year, but I have been fortunate enough to attend some of FloridAlum's gatherings, and they are excellent. I highly recommend them, and kids seem to be very welcome.

The Purple Parties provides the opportunity to meet, drink, and eat with many of the posters over the years. Been attending most of FA's events since El Paso Sun Bowl.

Reactions: FloridAlum
The Purple Parties provides the opportunity to meet, drink, and eat with many of the posters over the years. Been attending most of FA's events since El Paso Sun Bowl.

Look who showed up on this thread! It's none other than my main man in Tampa, TampaWildcat! Since he showed up I think I should mention that I have frequently gotten a lot of help and input from a bunch of others, sometimes having a co-planner , A lot of advice for party venues and motels, particularly from folks who live in those cities.To steal a line from a smart person I once knew, most of my best ideas I stole from someone else. Just to mention some of the folks who have helped me plan or given me some great ideas –mesacat, Alan Smithee, TampaWildcat, Feral Felidae, willycat, Turk, KaTNap, NU Houston, and several more.

Fond memories. Drill jr had a taste of proper Texan steak at the sun bowl gathering for the first time. Since then he had become a carnivore.
Sucked to be up by 22 then collapse to a devastating one point loss.. dunno how that happened.
Jr was a little boy then. He is at Cal now and I pray that God help my baby as he enters the territory of Droskies.
How time has passed so fast..
PS- I miss flag..a..lot..

Reactions: FloridAlum
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT