ADVERTISEMENT

A Moose Send-off as Departed Alaska

Alaskawildkat

Gold Member
Dec 29, 2005
Headed to Las Vegas for the Bowl game with a stop over enroute. Looking forward to meeting up with fellow posters. Game ticket purchased through NU finally arrived in my inbox today.

fsv14m76m10b.jpeg

zthlylvmdh9z.jpeg

1mpp8c3uw591.jpeg

bawm8mngy0hw.jpeg

l0xtjb11s0xa.jpeg

7qi2jrxynur9.jpeg

bdxp7444njph.jpeg

Headed to Las Vegas for the Bowl game with a stop over enroute. Looking forward to meeting up with fellow posters. Game ticket purchased through NU finally arrived in my inbox today.

fsv14m76m10b.jpeg

zthlylvmdh9z.jpeg

1mpp8c3uw591.jpeg

bawm8mngy0hw.jpeg

l0xtjb11s0xa.jpeg

7qi2jrxynur9.jpeg

bdxp7444njph.jpeg
Does that count? If it does, always look for a stuffed moose

Been there several times for corporate planning sessions. It was known as the Kahala Hilton when I was there, but I think it was subsequently purchased by a Japanese company. Absolutely one of the finest hotels I've stayed at - that and Spyglass at Pebble Beach, and Stanford Court in the city. The dolphen pool is awesome, as well as the birds flying freely through the lobby. One year I windsurfed outside the reef and little island in front of the hotel. The water was so clear, I could see the bottom in (probably) 15 feet. Unfortunately, it wasn't very windy that day. Probably the nicest place on Oahu. Others in our group played golf at the course next to the hotel.

Met Lynn Swan while I stayed there and challenged him to a game of racquetball, but he couldn't arrange his schedule to accommodate me (I think he was there for the NFL pro bowl). I was a decent amatuer player - made the state quarter finals in "A" class three or four years in a row and I'd also played several pro players. Swan was such an outstanding athlete, that he was bound to be good at whatever sport he chose to play, and, at the time, had a rep as being a good racquetball player. It would have been a fun and interesting match. He was a very gracious gentleman and paid me a nice complement. Made me almost like the Steelers.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT