ADVERTISEMENT

Adam Smith: Supply And Demand

fcmchi

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2017
From and Athletic article by Mandel:

You get to pick one Northwestern home game. Are you going to the temporary on-campus stadium or Wrigley? — Orange dot Steve

Oh, definitely Northwestern Medicine Field. I’d want to be part of the ultra-exclusive club that gets one of those 15,000 seats. The cheapest ticket on StubHub for the Wildcats’ Oct. 19 Wisconsin game is currently $188 — $12 more than it costs to get into the Badgers’home game against Alabama.

The school should use this in every Economics 101 course on supply and demand.

You get to pick one Northwestern home game. Are you going to the temporary on-campus stadium or Wrigley? — Orange dot Steve

Oh, definitely Northwestern Medicine Field. I’d want to be part of the ultra-exclusive club that gets one of those 15,000 seats. The cheapest ticket on StubHub for the Wildcats’ Oct. 19 Wisconsin game is currently $188 — $12 more than it costs to get into the Badgers’home game against Alabama.

That's the theory being used in constructing a 35k seat new stadium.

Fill the Lakepill!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT