ADVERTISEMENT

Aidan Hubbard POW

rmndcat

Gold Member
Sep 5, 2009
A PoW on defense. Nice. Congrats to Aidan!

Defensive Players of the Week
Aidan Hubbard, Northwestern
DL – Jr. – Cleveland, Ohio – St. Ignatius

• Posted 3.0 sacks, 3.0 tackles for loss and five total tackles in Northwestern’s 33-27 win against Maryland
  • Hubbard’s 3.0 sacks are tied for the single-game high by a Big Ten player this year, which is tied for seventh-highest overall nationally
  • His sacks are the second-most in a single-game in school history, and the most since the school record was set at 4.0 in 2016
  • Earns the first Defensive Player of the Week accolade of his career
  • Last Northwestern Defensive Player of the Week: Cameron Mitchell (Aug. 29, 2022)

• Posted 3.0 sacks, 3.0 tackles for loss and five total tackles in Northwestern’s 33-27 win against Maryland
  • Hubbard’s 3.0 sacks are tied for the single-game high by a Big Ten player this year, which is tied for seventh-highest overall nationally
  • His sacks are the second-most in a single-game in school history, and the most since the school record was set at 4.0 in 2016
  • Last Northwestern Defensive Player of the Week: Cameron Mitchell (Aug. 29, 2022)

That might have been the quietest 3-sack game I’ve ever seen.

Breakout game by Aidan H.

Our DL had its way with MD, don't know if their OL is just bad or if something clicked for us. Loved how Kilbane was playing in the second half, he was very disruptive to their offense, and he has a high motor. Pearson had a really good game too, along with the other interior guys. We'll have to keep it up against iowa, it is shaping up to be an old fashioned B1G tussle.

Going totally off memory, but was that Odenigbo in 2016? I seem to remember him with a four sack game…?

Reactions: Gladeskat

Who was ST PoW? Thought Olsen deserved it.

Reactions: drewjin
Sometimes, the 'game' comes to you, and it's simply about being ready for it when it happens. Like Dererk Pardon's second game as a Freshman against Nebraska.

Sometimes it's a 'unit' award, particularly on the DL.

Congrats to Aidan Hubbard.

Speaking of Cam, he dropped a sure pick-six against Seattle on Sunday....
The game 'came to him' and he whiffed. Anyone who has played basketball is quite familiar with that 'Charlie Brown-like' experience of failure.

I never played baseball.

I "hunted" grouse, though. I'm zero for grouse. Grouse 25, Glades 0.

That might have been the quietest 3-sack game I’ve ever seen.
Watching the game, the DL clearly pressured well and had to defend a ton of pass plays. I remember getting frustrated that Taulia kept effortlessly moving from pressure, then some relief when pur guys would finally get him. Like you, I didn't notice Hubbard standing out. Maybe he doesn't celebrate much (good for him)

Reactions: drewjin and rmndcat
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT