ADVERTISEMENT

FB RECRUITING Alex Green

mshelton33

Jun 16, 2021

Just wrapped up my second call with Alex Green. Here are my quick notes:

He's on a slower time table than Eligon, who wants to be an early enrollee. Green said he is confident in his admission, he has a 3.7 GPA at a strong academic school and NU has gone to test-optional admissions, but agreed with staff to wait 2-3 weeks to hear back officially from NU on his application. That sounded to me like a silent commitment, but he said it isn't and he's still in his process.

He'll be visiting Tulane on Dec. 6-8 and plans to announce mid-December, but does not plan to sign until the February date. Still wants to make his commitment before the portal goes into full swing.

His offer is committable, so it seems there is officially room for him and Eligon. In fact, he said if he chooses NU they might plan to room together freshman year. His confidence in Braun is exceptionally high, said he thinks they'll win a Big Ten championship during his contract. Wouldn't hold my breath for that to come to fruition, but for a defensive coach he's gotten very strong endorsements from Green throughout the process.

Ironically, at least to me, Reggie Fleurima, a former four-star who has himself barely touched the field through his first two seasons, has been one of NU's strongest player recruiters. Both Green and Eligon had good things to say about him was one of their hosts/guides.

I think Eligon is all but in the bag, Green on his way but there's still that Tulane visit and the ever-looming specter of an admissions mishap. If you want my gut feeling, I'd say 70-30 NU-Tulane.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News