ADVERTISEMENT

All B1G offense: Priebe 3rd team, Henning HM Kirtz HM

Of the three receivers, didn't Cam Johnson have the best year? I don't know what the numbers are but it sure felt like he was making more than his share of plays.

Of the three receivers, didn't Cam Johnson have the best year? I don't know what the numbers are but it sure felt like he was making more than his share of plays.
Cam came on strong at the end. Possibly some voters overlooked his ILL game whereas Bryce had that huge game v MN that probably got a lot of 👀. Henning probably because ex-Mich 🤮, ran it a bit and returned kicks

Yeah Cam was stronger.

Reactions: RevCat
Cam came on strong at the end. Possibly some voters overlooked his ILL game whereas Bryce had that huge game v MN that probably got a lot of 👀. Henning probably because ex-Mich 🤮, ran it a bit and returned kicks

Yeah Cam was stronger.
Yeah, Cam got robbed. Should have been HM.

Reactions: drewjin
JJ McCarthy is a borderline day 1 draft pick (different opinions on him), and McCord had a good year with that supporting cast in Columbus, but I am a big fan of what Ben Bryant did under some of the most difficult circumstances imaginable. Maybe if he stays healthy and we beat Nebraska and Iowa (very possible, IMO), he gets recognition. He played very well for us.

Reactions: Ch23701 and phatcat
JJ McCarthy is a borderline day 1 draft pick (different opinions on him), and McCord had a good year with that supporting cast in Columbus, but I am a big fan of what Ben Bryant did under some of the most difficult circumstances imaginable. Maybe if he stays healthy and we beat Nebraska and Iowa (very possible, IMO), he gets recognition. He played very well for us.
B1G QB’s as a group are the worst I can remember. It’s McCarthy and a large drop off to the next guy.

I agree that Cam was our best receiver this year. So we had basically three All-B1G quality receivers, with a QB that could deliver them the ball... something we haven't seen in a while at NU. I'm expecting Henning to return, and hopefully Kirtz too as I believe he has a COVID year.

Receiving Stats
Cam Johnson, 50 rec. 684 yds. 5 TD
Bryce Kirtz, 44 rec. 633 yds. 4 TD
AJ Henning, 39 rec. 361 yds. 4 TD
Cam Porter, 19 rec. 104 yds. 1 TD
Joseph Himon, 16 rec. 215 yds. 1 TD
Thomas Gordon, 12 rec. 109 yds. 1 TD
Marshall Lang, 8 rec. 77 yds. 0 TD
Charlie Mangieri, 7 rec. 53 yds. 1 TD

I agree that Cam was our best receiver this year. So we had basically three All-B1G quality receivers, with a QB that could deliver them the ball... something we haven't seen in a while at NU. I'm expecting Henning to return, and hopefully Kirtz too as I believe he has a COVID year.

Receiving Stats
Boy the rest of the WR's were pretty quiet.......

Receiving Stats
Charlie had 1 TD, but it was the most memorable of the season.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT