ADVERTISEMENT

An Inconvenient Truth: Acker our 3rd string back over Anderson?

A. Where did he mention Pollyanna?
B. What should we discuss? Politics? the 95 team? The Bears? What would you prefer? Or should the Board go dark during this cold, boring offseason - pretty sure Lou's bosses won't like that... So what do you have to offer PPD? Start a meaningful thread, let's watch the view and reply count. I know - you don't care. Rivals does. And some of us enjoy having something to debate? Otherwise I would just google for cute pictures of fluffy animals everyday.

Bob, you replied to a post where I questioned why Turk referenced others as Pollyanna's not you so I am not sure why you need to jump on me.

My issue is never about what someone's opinion is. I can agree or disagree the same way everyone else can. My issue is the need for some to stereotype people into groups by somehow diminishing there opinion by terming them "Pollyanna" or "kool aid clan" or whatever cute name that is style. I know you would never refer to anyone in those terms.

Not sure I understand the height part. A couple of our best hopes at WR (nagel, roberts) are under 6'. Of course the NFL is littered with examples of excellent yet small WRs. If a guy has wheels, can catch, maybe cut or run a route, does size matter. Especially vs a taller guy that can't catch or get separation?

1) Pretty hilarious you're trolling a thread that popped back up for no particular reason.

2) "Littered?" No. Just no.

Anyone who is arguing with me about Anderson is missing my point. He, in no way, is built like a WR. He's like a smaller version of Maurice jones-drew. Big ass, thick legs, thick torso. He may have the same height/weight as some of the guys named as a counter point, but is in not similar in stature to them at all. No way in hell could he play WR.

That said, fumbling issues weren't the reason he didn't play at all. He doesn't get in trouble that I'm aware of, but is widely regarded by the staff as the class clown and doesn't take things too seriously. Take that FWIW

Bob, you replied to a post where I questioned why Turk referenced others as Pollyanna's not you so I am not sure why you need to jump on me.

My issue is never about what someone's opinion is. I can agree or disagree the same way everyone else can. My issue is the need for some to stereotype people into groups by somehow diminishing there opinion by terming them "Pollyanna" or "kool aid clan" or whatever cute name that is style. I know you would never refer to anyone in those terms.

I use them all the time. But still don't see where said Pollyanna in his post.

Anyone who is arguing with me about Anderson is missing my point. He, in no way, is built like a WR. He's like a smaller version of Maurice jones-drew. Big ass, thick legs, thick torso. He may have the same height/weight as some of the guys named as a counter point, but is in not similar in stature to them at all. No way in hell could he play WR.

That said, fumbling issues weren't the reason he didn't play at all. He doesn't get in trouble that I'm aware of, but is widely regarded by the staff as the class clown and doesn't take things too seriously. Take that FWIW

Not really sure why this topic is back on the thread but we know AA pretty well down here.
NU takes pride in it's vetting process of athletes prior to making offers. AA is a "free spirit" with an outgoing personality and has a unique coping mechanism, so "class clown" is a bit harsh. He was the same way at Plano West, so nothing has changed but was always focused on the field. I know for a fact that his HS Coach shared this exact point of view with your HC. You knew what you were getting when you recruited him and based on that he will not be viewed as a "Fitz guy" or do things the "wildcat way" at all times. He marches to a different drummer. Hopefully, he is maturing and doing what he needs to do on and off the field to be a good teammate and contributor during his career and as he prepares for his life after football.

Antonio Brown
Randall Cobb
Golden Tate
Julian Edelman
How tall was Sutton? Sutton was shorter but stronger, yet Acker has the jets. Guys like Acker, Anderson, Long, Vault were mostly on the bench this year as we often had 4 wide outs who were lesser. Vault ended up playing a lot of plays in the bowl game as McCall's sneak attack but it came at the expense of keeping the second team all big ten TE on the bench. Acker could have been a nice slot guy. Our RB's are stacked with Moten, JJ, and Long. Anderson also at RB. With Acker's elusiveness, he may be able to see the field in other ways.

We all know that the WR group was immensely disappointing. None of them felt like a clutch receiver. Unfortunately, I think it is the talent level, so it goes back to recruiting. I am hoping Riley Lee turns out to be another Ebert. But it did seem like the RBs made better catches then the WRs. Given a logjam at RB, why not make the off-season change and move some of the talent to WR? A large part of the WR position is blocking and the current group seem to struggle at that. My guess is moving a RB in a WR position to block would be better on some of the off-tackle runs.

The question going through my mind is why should we expect anything different from the WR group this year if the situation stays the way it is? Sure I would expect timing to be better between the QB and WRs but if they cannot now get separation from the DBs and LBs, why would I expect that to improve?

Reactions: IGNORE2
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT