ADVERTISEMENT

An ultra strong suggestion to every NU Wildcat football fan...

The_Waterboy

May 29, 2001
Tune into the Standard Network ABC broadcast on this Sunday, January 7th @ 1:00 PM CST, to watch the 2023-2024 FCS Championship Football Game as the South Dakota State University Jackrabbits lock horns/rabbit ears with the Grizzlies of the University of Montana...

When is the 2023-24 FCS National Championship Game?​

The 2023-24 FCS Championship is on Sunday, January 7, 2024 at 2 p.m. ET.

How to watch the 2023-24 FCS Championship​

The 2023 FCS Championship will air on ABC. You can stream the game by clicking or tapping here.

Why, you ask? The answer is simple... This could be (and I personally declare that it will be) the national "coming-out" game for the Wildcats' next super-significant Offensive Coordinator hire of Coach Zack Lujan from SDSU. If the 'Cats University powers-that-be (are you listening current AD Mr. Gragg and President Mr. Schill) can lure this innovative offensive mind and sign him to a minimum 5-year contract into David Braun's Wildcat Football Program, it will mark a monumental shift in the 'Cats' near-term gridiron future that will be the equivalent of the Earth's long-overdue/awaited Magnetic Pole Shift.

To every fan who identifies himself or herself as a card-carrying member of Wildcat Nation, this could be the start of something as significant as the game-changer hire/signing of Pat Fitzgerald to the post of NU Wildcat Football Head Coach in 2006. With David Braun as the defensive guru of the 'Cats coupled with the state-of-the-art talent of Mr. Lujan as his offensive coordinator, this collaboration could set the table for NU's relevancy regarding championship aspirations within the new-look 2024 B1G Football Conference as the 4 B1G Dogs of the erstwhile former Pac-12 join our competitive ranks of the B1G.

And it all starts with the 2024 FCS Football Championship grapple this Sunday @ 1:00 PM CST.

Be There and Beware!!!

Please read the following...

It's a great intro article on Lujan's capabilities and successes at the FCS level.

Who is the Einstein at the NCAA that thought it would be a good idea to go up against the NFL????

Should have done the early slot on Saturday
They should play it as a doubleheader with the CFP championship on Monday night.

Who is the Einstein at the NCAA that thought it would be a good idea to go up against the NFL????

100% this.

I hate watching the NFL so this is still an easy decision for me, but why they scheduled for Sunday is beyond me. Does anyone honestly know the answer? Like, is it a tradition for them to play the FCS title game on Sundays like the FBS does on Mondays?

Tune into the Standard Network ABC broadcast on this Sunday, January 7th @ 1:00 PM CST, to watch the 2023-2024 FCS Championship Football Game as the South Dakota State University Jackrabbits lock horns/rabbit ears with the Grizzlies of the University of Montana...

The 2023 FCS Championship will air on ABC. You can stream the game by clicking or tapping here.

Why, you ask? The answer is simple... This could be (and I personally declare that it will be) the national "coming-out" game for the Wildcats' next super-significant Offensive Coordinator hire of Coach Zack Lujan from SDSU. If the 'Cats University powers-that-be (are you listening current AD Mr. Gragg and President Mr. Schill) can lure this innovative offensive mind and sign him to a minimum 5-year contract into David Braun's Wildcat Football Program, it will mark a monumental shift in the 'Cats' near-term gridiron future that will be the equivalent of the Earth's long-overdue/awaited Magnetic Pole Shift.

To every fan who identifies himself or herself as a card-carrying member of Wildcat Nation, this could be the start of something as significant as the game-changer hire/signing of Pat Fitzgerald to the post of NU Wildcat Football Head Coach in 2006. With David Braun as the defensive guru of the 'Cats coupled with the state-of-the-art talent of Mr. Lujan as his offensive coordinator, this collaboration could set the table for NU's relevancy regarding championship aspirations within the new-look 2024 B1G Football Conference as the 4 B1G Dogs of the erstwhile former Pac-12 join our competitive ranks of the B1G.

And it all starts with the 2024 FCS Football Championship grapple this Sunday @ 1:00 PM CST.

Be There and Beware!!!
So why would thye schedule it on Sunday opposite all of the NFL?

Be There and Beware!!!

You’ve sold me, but man, we are setting ourselves up for a fall if he ends up with Iowa.

Will be watching as will all of Montana on Sunday, if they haven't made the pilgrimage to Frisco. I have mixed feelings. I want Lujan's offense to run on all eight cylinders, but I want Montana's defense to shut down the Jackrabbits enough so the Grizzlies can bring home the third national championship in school history.

Be There and Beware!!!
I have no idea why they didn’t schedule this game for Saturday. They would have had a much bigger tv audience if they weren’t going up head to head with the NFL schedule on Sunday.

Keep an eye on the QB and Center.

QB for sure. I’d be pretty shocked if the center leaves SDSU for a grad transfer year — local kid from Brookings, former walk-on, brother played there as well, etc.

There are some really good NFL games on this afternoon.

The only time without a conflict is today at noon… maybe 2PM EST due to the time difference, but by that time they’d still overlap with the 4:30 NFL game.

Same question came up for last year's final. As always, follow the money, i.e., TV.
Why is the FCS Championship Game on a Sunday? Because ABC wanted it to be
The article contemplates Friday night and Saturday afternoon. Considering ABC had bowl game airing each of the previous two Saturdays (the Cats, and I think GA-FSU), tonight at 8 Eastern would have made a whole lot of sense.

Hopefully it’s a compelling game Sunday and those that flip over between the early and late NFL games (if they’re aware) stick around through the end.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT