ADVERTISEMENT

Anthony Walker Jr & Ifeadi Odenigbo's Combine Results

Intersting what they say about his added mass detrimentally affecting his game.
Yeah... I find that ironic given I had suggested here that AWalk's extra weight seemed like it was slowing him down a bit, and others replied that either the strength coaches know what they are doing or else later that it was just cause of the injury. Seems like at least a couple of the NFL scouts agree.

Are the rest of the drills for the LBs tomorrow then?

Reactions: NJCat
Yeah... I find that ironic given I had suggested here that AWalk's extra weight seemed like it was slowing him down a bit, and others replied that either the strength coaches know what they are doing or else later that it was just cause of the injury.

Yeah, the fact that he hurt his knee in Kenosha probaby had nothing to do with his slow start to the season.....

Yeah, the fact that he hurt his knee in Kenosha probaby had nothing to do with his slow start to the season.....
Haha was that intentionally missing the point? I have a feeling that NFL scouts just miiiight be aware of his injury in the early part of the season... and yet somehow they still think he was playing too heavy. Thought that was interesting is all.

IO did not look great in drills. Looked a little stiff and not fluid. At his height/speed a lot of teams would only consider him as a 3-4 OLB and I just don't think he is athletic enough to play that position. These drills seem to be bearing that out. His best chance is as a pass rushing DE in a 4-3 system but even in those cases he would need to show he can hold the edge. We know he had trouble doing that at NU.

Intersting what they say about his added mass detrimentally affecting his game.
It didn't impact his jumping ability:

30.5" Vertical Jump
116" Broad Jump

I'm trying to find out how these rank amongst all the linebackers.

About what I would have guessed. Doesn't have the elite speed for which he earned a reputation on these boards. Going to have to fight for a spot in a camp.
No. But that's a good 40 time for a man his size. I don't think anyone on the board thought he was going to run a 4.5 at his size. Barnett from Tennessee who is projected as a first rounder is his size and posted a 4.88. He is going to have to be an end in a 4-3 defense but, again, I don't think anyone thought otherwise.

No. But that's a good 40 time for a man his size. I don't think anyone on the board thought he was going to run a 4.5 at his size. Barnett from Tennessee who is projected as a first rounder is his size and posted a 4.88. He is going to have to be an end in a 4-3 defense but, again, I don't think anyone thought otherwise.
I think he is faster than his time reflects. I don't think he had as much time to train and prepare as he needed. He was still earning his degree.

That is a good time for a linebacker.
He (Walker) looked pretty agile as well during the linebacker drills, whereas the LSU LB tripped (I quickly switched to the NFL network after Men's BB fell to Purdue).

In my opinion, he helped his draft status at the combine with his overall performance. I bet he goes no lower than the 5th round, and perhaps as high as the 3rd.

Last edited:
Reactions: CatsDad
He looked pretty agile as well during the linebacker drills, whereas the LSU LB tripped (I quickly switched to the NFL network after Men's BB fell to Purdue).

In my opinion, he helped his draft status at the combine with his overall performance. I bet he goes no lower than the 5th round, and perhaps as high as the 3rd.

That's really wishful thinking. I hope you are right but everything I see tells me otherwise.

IO will maybe go in the 5th but more likely 7th/UDFA.
I edited the post to clarify that I was talking about Walker Jr, whom I think will be a 3rd-5th round pick.

I also agree that Ifeadi will likely be a 7th round pick if drafted, more likely a UDFA.

AWalk 1st 40: 4.66
2nd 40: 4.66

* Official time 4.65, tied for 5th best among LBs
In my book he's tied for 4th among linebackers.

The NFL Combine list includes Peppers from Michigan who by far ran the fastest at 4.46 (I think) - but he for all intents and purposes will be a safety on most downs. He's working out at both positions but will likely only be a linebacker in special situations.

In my book he's tied for 4th among linebackers.

The NFL Combine list includes Peppers from Michigan who by far ran the fastest at 4.46 (I think) - but he for all intents and purposes will be a safety on most downs. He's working out at both positions but will likely only be a linebacker in special situations.

Agreed. Walker tested really well in comparison to the other LBs. he helped himself.

Not great.

Here's a slightly different POV

Ifeadi Odenigbo
Odenigbo was pleased with his performance over the weekend after he, too, weighed in seven pounds lighter than he was listed on Northwestern's roster: 258 vs. 265. His 4.72 forty placed him 13th among defensive linemen, and his 25 bench press reps were tied for 13th. But where Odenigbo excelled was in the broad jump, where his distance of 10 feet and 8 inches was tied for second-best among defensive ends, five inches behind Haason Reddick's Combine record 11-foot, 1-inch leap. His three-cone drill, 20-yard shuttle and vertical jump did not place within the top 15 at his position.

http://www.insidenu.com/2017/3/6/14...denigbo-northwestern-nfl-combine-results-2017

Ifeadi Odenigbo
Odenigbo was pleased with his performance over the weekend after he, too, weighed in seven pounds lighter than he was listed on Northwestern's roster: 258 vs. 265. His 4.72 forty placed him 13th among defensive linemen, and his 25 bench press reps were tied for 13th. But where Odenigbo excelled was in the broad jump, where his distance of 10 feet and 8 inches was tied for second-best among defensive ends, five inches behind Haason Reddick's Combine record 11-foot, 1-inch leap. His three-cone drill, 20-yard shuttle and vertical jump did not place within the top 15 at his position.

http://www.insidenu.com/2017/3/6/14...denigbo-northwestern-nfl-combine-results-2017
He was talking about Walker.

"Walker weighed in at 238 pounds, down seven pounds from the 245 the Northwestern roster listed him as. One of the nation's better downhill players, he clocked a 4.65 in the forty, tied for fifth-best among linebackers. He also finished tied for fifth with 23 reps on the bench press. He also posted a 30.5 vertical jump and a broad jump of 116 inches, neither of which placed him in the top 15 among linebackers."

He was talking about Walker.

"Walker weighed in at 238 pounds, down seven pounds from the 245 the Northwestern roster listed him as. One of the nation's better downhill players, he clocked a 4.65 in the forty, tied for fifth-best among linebackers. He also finished tied for fifth with 23 reps on the bench press. He also posted a 30.5 vertical jump and a broad jump of 116 inches, neither of which placed him in the top 15 among linebackers."

Yes, was talking about Walker. He ran pretty well and looked physically put-together, but showed some stiffness in field drills and less-than-ideal short space explosiveness.

Ifeadi Odenigbo

Odenigbo's issue is that he would likely have to be a 3-4 OLB at that size in today's NFL and he didn't/doesn't show the requisite lateral athleticism to play in space at that level.

Reactions: Hungry Jack
Yes, was talking about Walker. He ran pretty well and looked physically put-together, but showed some stiffness in field drills and less-than-ideal short space explosiveness.

I did not watch of his drills but he looked good in the drills I saw. During what drills did he look stiff?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT