ADVERTISEMENT

NFL Combine Results

6-3 220 is pretty good size for a safety. I couldn't find any hint of his 40 speed, thinking it'll be in the 4.5 to 4.6 range.

After Day 4:
Justin Jackson 6'0, 193 lbs. 30 5/8 Arms and Hands at 9 1/4.
13 reps of 225 on the bench press.
40: 4.50 (6th for rbs)
Vertical: 38.5 (4th highest for rbs)
Broad Jump 122" (5th highest for rbs)
3 Cone drill:6.81 (2nd)
20 yard shuttle: 4.07 (1st)
60 yard shuttle: 11.06 (1st for rbs)

Godwin Igwebuike
6'0, 205.
19 reps of 225 on the bench press (8th for dbs)
40: 4.44 (5th for safeties)
Vertical: 35.5
Broad Jump 128"
3 Cone drill:6.56
20 yard shuttle: 4.12
60 yard shuttle: 10.81
I don't have a ton of context, but comparing against other safeties looks like the rest of Godwin's times and #s were quite strong as well. Vertical was the only thing he wasn't near the top of, and BP reps he was good not great, but speed and agility he looks very strong (Troy Apke of PSU was the only one who consistently bested him). Also saw his 40 time seems to have been revised down a hundredth to 4.44.

At the least, he didn't hurt himself, and he probably helped himself a bit at the margin? Still tracking for a mid-round pick maybe? What do others think...

And btw did Marcus Allen of PSU not test in most things / does anyone know why?

I don't have a ton of context, but comparing against other safeties looks like the rest of Godwin's times and #s were quite strong as well. Vertical was the only thing he wasn't near the top of, and BP reps he was good not great, but speed and agility he looks very strong. Also saw his 40 time seems to have been revised down a hundredth to 4.44.

At the least, he didn't hurt himself, and he probably helped himself a bit at the margin? Still tracking for a mid-round pick maybe? What do others think...

4-5th round.

You know what's kind of sick? Alabama had 5 DB's at the combine. What a luxury to have that kind of depth.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT