ADVERTISEMENT

Any educated guesses on time of Iowa Wrigley Game?

My guess (not too educated) would be 2:30pm or 6:00pm. I doubt they would schedule the Wrigley game for the morning. In any case, fly in Friday afternoon, breakfast in Evanston, take the EL to the game, drinks in Wrigleyville, and fly back Sunday.

I believe that this was on a list of supposed games that would be relegated to Peacock. That could allow NBC to put it in a non-traditional window, say 1pm ct.

I hasten to add thAt said “list’ has been proven wrong on several occasions already this season. It’s not a great week for B10 television with no game looking competitive based on the season thus far. But Peacock still has two games to claim this season and Northwestern has yet to take its turn (Purdue has taken three turns already). But I believe the novelty of Wrigley will make it attractive to NBC to put in on Peacock in order to drive a few extra subscriptions (or free trials). I agree with the previous poster to opined that it was unlikely to kick aftee 6pm CT

I believe that this was on a list of supposed games that would be relegated to Peacock. That could allow NBC to put it in a non-traditional window, say 1pm ct.

I hasten to add thAt said “list’ has been proven wrong on several occasions already this season. It’s not a great week for B10 television with no game looking competitive based on the season thus far. But Peacock still has two games to claim this season and Northwestern has yet to take its turn (Purdue has taken three turns already). But I believe the novelty of Wrigley will make it attractive to NBC to put in on Peacock in order to drive a few extra subscriptions (or free trials). I agree with the previous poster to opined that it was unlikely to kick aftee 6pm CT

The Peacock window on that day is tentatively set for 2:30 PM, so if that schedule holds up, that would be the kickoff time.

I very much doubt it would be at night. 11 AM is certainly possible, though. The Purdue game at Wrigley was at 11.

Reactions: ricko654321
The Peacock window on that day is tentatively set for 2:30 PM, so if that schedule holds up, that would be the kickoff time.

I very much doubt it would be at night. 11 AM is certainly possible, though. The Purdue game at Wrigley was at 11.

11AM better for parking as neighborhood parking restrictions kick in at 6PM.

It's on peacock? And that's the PPV channel? Damn, I won't be seeing it

My guess (not too educated) would be 2:30pm or 6:00pm. I doubt they would schedule the Wrigley game for the morning. In any case, fly in Friday afternoon, breakfast in Evanston, take the EL to the game, drinks in Wrigleyville, and fly back Sunday.
Would they even do 6 pm games in Nov?

Would they even do 6 pm games in Nov?

I think that restriction has gone out the window with the new TV contract. There are already two B1G November night games on the schedule this year on 11/11 and 11/24.

That said, the restriction only applied after DST ended, so the first Saturday in November has always been eligible for night games.

Reactions: ricko654321
I
I think that restriction has gone out the window with the new TV contract. There are already two B1G November night games on the schedule this year on 11/11 and 11/24.

That said, the restriction only applied after DST ended, so the first Saturday in November has always been eligible for night games.
I had thought that DST generally ended before Halloween. That was the basis of me wondering how. I am surprised that DST does not end till NOV 5.

I

I had thought that DST generally ended before Halloween. That was the basis of me wondering how. I am surprised that DST does not end till NOV 5.

It used to end on the last Sunday in October, but in 2007 the government pushed it back to the first Sunday in November and that's where it has stayed since then. So yes, prior to 2007 there were no November night games.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT