ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone see a video of the 88-footer from behind the baseline?

Sec.112

Jun 17, 2001
I've been looking, and I have yet to see a good view of how everybody cuts. I assume the only way you can see that is from one of the baselines. Anyone?

When you look at the photos/videos of fans, you see at least a couple that were recording on their phones. Would love to see those views from underneath the winning basket.

I have watched that play quite a few times already, and every time I watch it Pardon scores.

That, and thankfully there continues to be no interruption by the Blue and Maize as the ball sails out of Taphorn's hands.

Every time I watch these replays, I still expect the ref to call a technical foul on Jordan Ash for rushing out onto the floor too early.

I am clearly a Northwestern fan.

Every time I watch these replays, I still expect the ref to call a technical foul on Jordan Ash for rushing out onto the floor too early.

I am clearly a Northwestern fan.

Yep, you can see in the replays the ref is making some movement with his arm, kind of pointing at the bench. I'm not sure if that was a "game over" signal, or "get out of the way" signal or if he was just pumping his fist because he's an NU fan, but when I saw the replay, I was wondering if there was a tiny possibility that something could've been called if the place hadn't gone nuts. That would've been the worst thing ever, and I'm including the black plague.

I think he was pointing to the spot where they go for analysis of the replays. To check the time/clock situation.

Reactions: Alan Smithee
This has a few different angles - not sure which baseline you are looking for.

My linking isn't working, outside the lines had about 5 different angles though - you can find it on their video archive page or maybe someone super smart like feli can link it with a novel explaining how the big ten sucks

http://www.espn.com/video/archive/_/channel/outside-the-lines
Not to put a damper on the celebration but just noticed on one of the videos that someone, student? seems to be hurt under the east basket. Hope everything is OK. Now let's win the BTT!

Jules is right - that's exactly what they were doing, telling them to cue it up.

What were they verifying? Time? It sure looked like it was off before time expired. Foul, by who? Traveling? Don't think so.
they do that for anything that's remotely close in end of game scenarios... but probably most likely to look if there was time left when it went through the hoop. which was close, but it hit 0.0 just about as the ball went in.

thankfully, unlike seemingly too many of those reviews, they only took a few seconds this time before confirming it.

Reactions: julescat
they do that for anything that's remotely close in end of game scenarios... but probably most likely to look if there was time left when it went through the hoop. which was close, but it hit 0.0 just about as the ball went in.

thankfully, unlike seemingly too many of those reviews, they only took a few seconds this time before confirming it.
I might be wrong but it's not when the ball goes in but when it's released.

I might be wrong but it's not when the ball goes in but when it's released.
Agreed but I meant that they were likely checking to see if there was extra time still left on the clock AFTER the play. So like does Mich get another chance with 0.2 or something down 67-65. But they looked and it hit 0.0 just as it was going in so game ovah.

They have this play in rotation as a commercial break on BTN now as a promotion for March on BTN. Hopefully they will play it even more than that Nebby Hail Mary against us that they replayed a zillion times....

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT