ADVERTISEMENT

NC State v UVA

docrugby1

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2010
Did anyone see the UVA collapse against NC State? UVA up 5 with about a minute to play. Miss both free throws of a flagrant 1, then miss the back end of a 1 & 1. With less than 5 seconds left and a 3 point lead,an 87% free throw shooter misses the front end of a 1 & 1. NC State rebounds, crosses half court and banks in a 3 to send the game to OT. which NC State wins.
I cannot understand how referees allow a 6'9" 300 lb center, Burns, to repeatedly lower his shoulder into a stationary defender as he backs his way towards the basket. He does not push his way in, he actually violently bangs his way to the basket-someone should employ the Charles Oakley defense against him.

It reminded me of when NU lost at Rutgers after being up 6 with a minute left and Scottie Lindsey (a close to 90% foul shooter) with a 1-and-1. He missed the front end, Rutgers hit a 3 and got fouled on another (and hit all 3 FTs) and we lost in overtime.
But UVA’s loss was even more brutal. They probably had a 99.99% win probability the entire final minute.

• Angry
Reactions: CatManTrue
Did anyone see the UVA collapse against NC State? UVA up 5 with about a minute to play. Miss both free throws of a flagrant 1, then miss the back end of a 1 & 1. With less than 5 seconds left and a 3 point lead,an 87% free throw shooter misses the front end of a 1 & 1. NC State rebounds, crosses half court and banks in a 3 to send the game to OT. which NC State wins.
I cannot understand how referees allow a 6'9" 300 lb center, Burns, to repeatedly lower his shoulder into a stationary defender as he backs his way towards the basket. He does not push his way in, he actually violently bangs his way to the basket-someone should employ the Charles Oakley defense against him.
Speak for yourself!

I love seen DJ Burns Jr doing his thing. As a fellow big man, the referees should let him use his power. He did so beautifully.

They beat Duke, Virginia, UNC, and two other teams in five days! WTH!

I’m cheering for them in the tourney as long as we don’t play them.

This comes after they spectacularly collapsed in the last seconds of last years’s first round tournament. Literally gave the ball away

Speak for yourself!

I love seen DJ Burns Jr doing his thing. As a fellow big man, the referees should let him use his power. He did so beautifully.

They beat Duke, Virginia, UNC, and two other teams in five days! WTH!

I’m cheering for them in the tourney as long as we don’t play them.
Why not let centers elbow their defenders in the face, using the power of their long arms. I don't see the difference in allowing Burns to take a step, driving his shoulder into the defenders chest, knocking him back a couple of feet, then repeat the technique till he has a layup or the defender is called for a foul for being a blocking sled.

Why not let centers elbow their defenders in the face, using the power of their long arms. I don't see the difference in allowing Burns to take a step, driving his shoulder into the defenders chest, knocking him back a couple of feet, then repeat the technique till he has a layup or the defender is called for a foul for being a blocking sled.
One of the reasons I’m not as much into watching basketball. The way they call and don’t call fouls at times is frustrating for the casual viewer, especially with these “big men” who are basically battering their defender all the time.

Reactions: drewjin
My response:

ltbp-let-the-boys-play.gif

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT