ADVERTISEMENT

Survive and advance.

ricko654321

Nov 15, 2006
Ryan Langborg, thanks for coming to Evanston. I believe he temporarily shifted to another planet in the 2nd half and OT. Floaters, mid-range, and then the dagger 3's in OT. What a performance. They were doubling Boo, and Boo being Boo he got his anyways. But we desperately needed some secondary scoring. And after Boo started off the 2nd half with a 3, then the lid came off the basket and Brooks + Borg started balling. Felt like we should have won that more easily for a while. But flagrant 1 + a couple weird occurrences, basketball happens. Thankfully we got a miss from them and then Brooks just bullied his way to the rim off a quick screen to tie it up. Once we got to OT, felt like everyone in that arena knew we had them. Boo + Brooks + Borg took control and finished the job.

It was mostly a 3 man show as Martinelli had an off night, but Nick your time will come tomorrow. Keep shooting, we know that floater is gonna go down next time. And a couple 3's he took looked pretty good too. Two other underrated performances - Blake Smith may have just had the 1 FT at the end in the score sheet but he played excellent defense and pulled down 6 big rebounds. Luke Hunger also wasn't making shots but was very good positionally on defense and 6-8 from the FT line is quite useful I would say. Preston did not have a very good game, but tomorrow brings another opportunity to shine.

I dunno about the rest of you guys, but I feel pretty decent about our chances tomorrow. UConn is a great team, excellent defensively, good depth and a strong big man inside. They shoot well. It's going to be a challenge to score against them.

The bigger they are, the harder they fall. This is March, bring on the Madness. Great crowd yesterday, hopefully even more purple out there tomorrow night. My throat may be a bit raspy this morning, but I guarantee it'll be fully hoarse on Monday.

GO CATS

Last edited:
The 'Cats have played such impressive opponents in R32 - Gonzaga, UCLA and now UConn. They've also played really tough in those games. I'm hoping tomorrow will continue that streak.

You're right that we're gonna need every player to play their 95% percentile game, but the beauty of it is that it's possible. Get to clutch minutes (within 5 points with 5 min to go), and I really like our chances cause we've lived there all year.

Of course, that'll be the challenge. Coach Hurley is a friggin' cyborg, and no doubt he's imploring his team to impose their physicality and skill to just knock us out early.

Reactions: ricko654321
Ryan Langborg, thanks for coming to Evanston. I believe he temporarily shifted to another planet in the 2nd half and OT. Floaters, mid-range, and then the dagger 3's in OT. What a performance. They were doubling Boo, and Boo being Boo he got his anyways. But we desperately needed some secondary scoring. And after Boo started off the 2nd half with a 3, then the lid came off the basket and Brooks + Borg started balling. Felt like we should have won that more easily for a while. But flagrant 1 + a couple weird occurrences, basketball happens. Thankfully we got a miss from them and then Brooks just bullied his way to the rim off a quick screen to tie it up. Once we got to OT, felt like everyone in that arena knew we had them. Boo + Brooks + Borg took control and finished the job.

It was mostly a 3 man show as Martinelli had an off night, but Nick your time will come tomorrow. Keep shooting, we know that floater is gonna go down next time. And a couple 3's he took looked pretty good too. Two other underrated performances - Blake Smith may have just had the 1 FT at the end in the score sheet but he played excellent defense and pulled down 6 big rebounds. Luke Hunger also wasn't making shots but was very good positionally on defense and 6-8 from the FT line is quite useful I would say. Preston did not have a very good game, but tomorrow brings another opportunity to shine.

I dunno about the rest of you guys, but I feel pretty decent about our chances tomorrow. UConn is a great team, excellent defensively, good depth and a strong big man inside. They shoot well. It's going to be a challenge to score against them.

The bigger they are, the harder they fall. This is March, bring on the Madness. Great crowd yesterday, hopefully even more purple out there tomorrow night. My throat may be a bit raspy this morning, but I guarantee it'll be fully hoarse on Monday.

GO CATS
This, in my opinion, is one of the premier posts of the year!:)

Reactions: ricko654321
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT