ADVERTISEMENT

Article about Northwestern recruit Austin Deculus

Offers = Arkansas, LSU, Illinois, Tulsa, USC, Baylor, Boston College, Missouri, Texas A&M, Georgia, Duke, Tennessee, Alabama, Kansas, Northwestern, Michigan, Miami, Texas Tech, Ole Miss and Oklahoma

I'd say he is being heavily recruited.

I agree as well, just passing it on. Who knows how it will all end up.

Go Cats!

A Northwestern recruit is any kid that has a Northwestern offer. How can that not be considered a recruit?

And by the way, why should we have our tail between our legs about guys like this? Stanford (who we BEAT) goes after kids like this all the time and gets them ever since Harbough was there. (They did not go after and get these kids before - with an exception or two - under former coaches Walt Harris and Buddy Teevens and the like).

I know we have beat out Alabama and others recently for players. Let's keep at it.

I agree, keep at it. However, when the name Northwestern doesn't appear in the top names the recruit rattles off, and only dOSU in the BIG, then it is safe to assume his interest is less than optimal for us. But the answer is LAYS no if the offer isn't there. Who knows, maybe he IS highly into academics and a future long after football??

It's fun to dream on a guy like Deculus picking NU (and even more fun when they do, a la Brown), but there's very little reason to believe this kid is seriously interested in Northwestern.

It's fun to dream on a guy like Deculus picking NU (and even more fun when they do, a la Brown), but there's very little reason to believe this kid is seriously interested in Northwestern.
Well, just wait till the kid gets injured and everyone else drops him like a hot potato and we will see if he was worth recruiting.

Seems a stretch to call this kid a "Northwestern recruit."

It feels like Northwestern has recently honed its branding and messaging to recruits and their parents to good effect. Doesn't resonate with all, but I think the message of great academics, a program that looks out for its recruits from offer until well into their careers is compelling...you never know who we can land, especially as our play on the field continues to improve.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT