ADVERTISEMENT

Article by Boo on TrueNU

phatcat

Nov 5, 2001
Wisconsin
Unintentional rhyme by me there

That’s a really good read. Thanks for sharing.

What a tremendous player. Never another like him.

Classic sales move by CCC: “I don’t usually make this call when on vacation, but this is too important to wait.”

I bet CCC’s manager said he could knock 100 bucks off of that really good paint sealant too.

Wow. So proud of how young people like Boo represent our university. I had no more than a tiny fraction of his maturity, leadership or wisdom at that age. As much as I love Boo and the team as basketball players, that pride and admiration goes way, way beyond what happens on the court.

So many amazing reactions and feelings from this story, but I’ll just add one of them: Boo is going to be a really great professional basketball player. The mindset he describes is what a consummate pro athlete has to develop. Changes in the team or injuries? Gotta grind and be consistent. Don’t feel great that day or distracting things happening in life? Gotta grind and be consistent. Don’t have your magic touch that makes everything easy that game? Gotta grind and still play well, play in control, be you.

Its easy to be reminded in an article like that that Boo is 24 years old, not an undergrad, and he’s on a nice NIL deal, he’s kind of already a pro basketball player mostly.

I don’t know exactly where he’ll end up over the next few years in pro basketball, but he’s going to be a really good player and professional.

During our last game, the analyst commented to Revsine after a Boo floater simply that he’s going to miss watching Boo play next year, because simply “he’s just so special.”

Same, man. Same.

Unintentional rhyme by me there

Incredible article. Also, perfect choice, sparingly, or which videos to show. The all time points record. The Boo growing up story. And the walk off 3. Love Dave Revsine’s call. They stick him in the studio far too often, he’s the best calling games.

Here’s to Boo and the boys creating another video to remember on Friday. It’s been a heck of a ride.

Hashtag Go Cats. Can’t wait.

Kid is a stud. Does not get 1/10 of the hype someone like Tyler Kolek gets, despite being, in my opinion, a better player.

Probably the biggest contributor to future guys like him getting the respect they deserve at a school like NU. Fingers crossed.

Hey, not a big conspiracy theory guy, but maybe, someday, we can be placed in a 8-9 game in the same quadrant of the, by far, weakest #1. You know, like Michigan State right now.

Reactions: Zootcat
Kid is a stud. Does not get 1/10 of the hype someone like Tyler Kolek gets, despite being, in my opinion, a better player.

Probably the biggest contributor to future guys like him getting the respect they deserve at a school like NU. Fingers crossed.

Hey, not a big conspiracy theory guy, but maybe, someday, we can be placed in a 8-9 game in the same quadrant of the, by far, weakest #1. You know, like Michigan State right now.
Or how about we do better next time and get a higher seed that doesn’t see #1 or 2 until the second weekend.

Reactions: GatoLouco
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT