ADVERTISEMENT

Attendance Thread- Pinstripe

DrillCat

Gold Member
Sep 22, 2005
Purpleville, Ca
so who will be attending the game in person?
I know Drills will be there. Flying in from LA to freeze our butts off.
So darn expensive but what the hell. Its NYC for Christmas. Wife approves.
Also 100 percent positive that Wrassler will stay in his Naperville home, on his comfy couch.
Go cats!

HJ
Very expensive for anything decent.
All
Let me know if anyone wants to meet up and have a mini purple party in NYC. Im thinking 27th for dinner in Manhattan.
Post here pls.

I'll be there, hope to have a group of 6-10 fans in tow.

After the "upset" of Texas and near upset of ND in basketball, let's hope football can bring some NYC surprises too!

Reactions: Alaskawildkat
I'll be there, hope to have a group of 6-10 fans in tow.

After the "upset" of Texas and near upset of ND in basketball, let's hope football can bring some NYC surprises too!
NY
Would you and your small group be interested in a purple party?
I don't really have any place in mind but perhpas you can help. :)

NY
Would you and your small group be interested in a purple party?
I don't really have any place in mind but perhpas you can help. :)

Drill, are you thinking a pre-game "tailgate" type party, or a night-before event like FloridAlum has put on the in past? If the former, I might be able to pull something like that together. Day before will be tough due to work obligations.

Drill, are you thinking a pre-game "tailgate" type party, or a night-before event like FloridAlum has put on the in past? If the former, I might be able to pull something like that together. Day before will be tough due to work obligations.
Im all ears. What you think we should do? It would be good to have even few of us to get together for some beers if not dinner.
Anything.
Post your opinions people.

HJ
Very expensive for anything decent.
All
Let me know if anyone wants to meet up and have a mini purple party in NYC. Im thinking 27th for dinner in Manhattan.
Post here pls.

If I plan something it will be the night of the 27th. Might not be in Manhattan. I'm a little concerned that we might not get much of an attendance for a night before dinner party

Recommend to keep checking the OurNorthwestern site. It's likely NU Club of NYC will have a bar event one of the evenings. They typically host weekly watch parties.

Maybe you and I need to talk. There is no reason why we cannot have a dinner gathering the night before the game and also have someone else organize a pregame get together the morning of the game.

On multiple occasions I have had good luck finding a decent priced hotel in New Jersey and then driving across the Lincoln Tunnel into NYC as well as alternatively taking the train into Grand Central Station. That might be a viable option though not sure if rates shoot up for the holiday period.

Just Google "Bergen New Jersey Hotels." Bergen is the community on the Jersey side of the Lincoln Tunnel. (By way of example the 3 star Comfort Suites in Bergen is typically priced from $90 to $150 a night.)

Good luck to those of you able to make it. I was considering cutting short my stay in Hawaii for the bowl game if we had been selected by Foster Farms, but New York won't work for me this year. Could be fun though getting together with other Wildcat Fans visiting the Islands. Gametime should be 9:00 AM Hawaii time.

Last edited:
Maybe you and I need to talk. There is no reason why we cannot have a dinner gathering the night before the game and also have someone else organize a pregame get together the morning of the game.
Fla dude. It sounds like you are coming. This is awesome. I'm in for whatever your plan is for your minions. We are 6. ( added one since last time )
Where are your seating assignments?

Fla dude. It sounds like you are coming. This is awesome. I'm in for whatever your plan is for your minions. We are 6. ( added one since last time )
Where are your seating assignments?

Still have not made a decision yet. If I do something it will be dinner the night before the game. I fear we could not get a very good attendance. Would you go to the Bronx for dinner? BTW, NYPurpleFan does not post very much, but he has been to a purple party or two and knows the agenda.
I was thinking about maybe having a dinner party The night before like we usually do and then finding a place for breakfast before the game near the stadium. Kick off is not until 2 PM. Don't you think the drillcats would like to have a little pregame French toast and bacon

PS how did you get up to six?

I'm will be there!

Would be in for a get together, but do agree NYC NU club might also do something night before. If anybody is arriving Mon nite/early Tues I can suggest getting together at 3 on Tues afternoon to watch NU hoops B1G opener. Guessing that Blondies would be the place to go to watch the game.

Looking forward to seeing the WildcatReort board "crew" !

I'm will be there!

Would be in for a get together, but do agree NYC NU club might also do something night before. If anybody is arriving Mon nite/early Tues I can suggest getting together at 3 on Tues afternoon to watch NU hoops B1G opener. Guessing that Blondies would be the place to go to watch the game.

Looking forward to seeing the WildcatReort board "crew" !

BosCat, Blondies is a great choice if you have a group looking for the game. There isn't an NU presence there for basketball with rare exceptions, but good to make one! If you haven't been before, make sure to get the wings. And if you ask nicely, they might throw in a purple shot or two if the Cats win!

I'm making plans. I am in CT in Tuesday so probably no big deal for me to see the game on Wednesday.

I know an Irish pub that plays traditional Irish music on Tuesday nights. There would not have to be any arrangements as the beer and entertainment will already be in place. Jerry would not have to deal with collecting money or dealing with minimums and no shows.

Jerry, just show up and enjoy yourself rather than deal with the hassles of NYC and the occasional deadbeat

The NU Club of NYC may also have a pub in mind

I know an Irish pub that plays traditional Irish music on Tuesday nights. There would not have to be any arrangements as the beer and entertainment will already be in place. Jerry would not have to deal with collecting money or dealing with minimums and no shows.

Jerry, just show up and enjoy yourself rather than deal with the hassles of NYC and the occasional deadbeat

The NU Club of NYC may also have a pub in mind

I understand what you mean about the hassles, but I think a dinner party would be great if it could be worked out. I still have my doubts about getting a good attendance.

I am trying to rework my schedule to attend. Does anyone have any insight into the seating situation? A cursory look at the website seems to confirm my suspicions that watching a football game in a baseball stadium would be a crappy experience, as I found out in Wrigley.

stadium850.jpg

2118636976-52a3694dc9e78_image.jpg

babda20a-8a2e-4ac2-9928-c82f1e292b83.jpg

Remember all the seats will be facing homeplate

Is the NU side the first or third base side ?

Likely will make it. If so, it will be cheapest bowl trip yet. Drive up day of game from Balt. Tickets presumably cheap. Hotel in NJ using Marriott points.

Turns out we had already planned to be in NYC the weekend before Christmas anyway, so we won't make a big trip out of the bowl game

Got my flight today. Can't wait. Any suggestions on affordable tickets?

I bought one from Pinstripe official site and 2 from NU allotment-if NU gives me seats in the endzone or corner -I will donate them and sit on the 50

NU's tickets for the Heart of Dallas Bowl were good sideline tickets. I hope NU gets good tickets for this poorly attended bowl

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT