ADVERTISEMENT

B1G Helmet Rankings

Katatonic

Oct 23, 2004

The guy is a complete moron as he's basically basing his helmet rankings on the historical success of the program.

The Nebby helmet is simply not "elite" - it's actually one of the worst letter helmets with a boring font and color.

IU actually has one of the best font/letter design and color combinations and NU is pretty decent as well (much better than Wisky's derpy looking W) with a distinctive font and color combo.

He goes on and on about how the Trojan helmet is elite, but dismisses the Spartan helmet which is the superior of the 2.

And while I generally like clean/classic looking uniforms, this is solely a helmet ranking and on their own, PSU's and dOSU's helmets are a bit boring.

Last edited:
Katatonic, right on all your points except I like Wisconsin's "W". I also like Illinois's helmet in part because I like their colors. Lastly, Purdue's logo is a bit unsophisticated for me. Not a great font. She had a better design sense than he did.

As a last comment, they liked Maryland's "Terps" helmet which is classic and they rated it about right. Actually I liked the period when their helmet and uniform reflected the State flag. I know this wasn't popular with many outside the State but it was the basis for a lot of unique, clever uniforms and helmets.

Last edited:
^ Agree on UI's helmet - good font and color combo.

Just think UW's "wavy" W looks a bit derpy.

The Nebby helmet is simply not "elite" - it's actually one of the worst letter helmets with a boring font and color.
It is simply not “elite” and, furthermore, it is well known to all Coloradoans of a certain age that the N stands for nowledge.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT