ADVERTISEMENT

Barnhizer - All Big 3rd Team plus All Defensive Team

Max_Power

Gold Member
May 29, 2001

Have to imagine he would have been second team but for Gragg being the AD.

In all honestly, from everything I have heard Brooks is either the hardest working guy on the team or close to it. Nice to see him get rewarded. Would love to see him flirt with averaging a double double next year.

Well, I like our guys (including staff), even if they didn't get many accolades.

How close is Boo to AA?

Overlooked by the media, but third team and defensive recognition is about right IMO. Great great all around player. Will be interesting to see what next year looks like for him as he’s more emphasized as a ball handler, creator, and scorer. I feel like he has more to give when we need it but hasn’t had to do as much as he could on offense so often and can focus on defense and rebounding.

Here’s the full release, from the conference. Boo was unanimous first-team on both coach and media ballots, appropriately.

Berry was NU’s sportsmanship honoree.

Painter and Hoiberg split Coach of the year award.

Brooks was third-team by coaches and HM by media.

DUI Gillis got sixth man of the year.

Here’s the full release, from the conference. Boo was unanimous first-team on both coach and media ballots, appropriately.

Berry was NU’s sportsmanship honoree.

Painter and Hoiberg split Coach of the year award.

DUI Gillis got sixth man of the year.
I wonder if Martinelli would have challenged for sixth men had Berry not gone down.

I wonder if Martinelli would have challenged for sixth men had Berry not gone down.
I doubt he would have, because voters don’t pay that much attention. But his numbers certainly were comparable. Gillis made half his threes but those were only good for 7 ppg.

I wonder if Martinelli would have challenged for sixth men had Berry not gone down

Martinelli was averaging less than 20 minutes a game prior to the injuries. So I am not sure he was in a position to get an award.

Reactions: GatoLouco
No surprise. In most of the interviews I saw of opposing coaches, they were all aware of Barnhizer and appreciated all the things he does to make NU successful. Mostly spoken in an envious tone, too.

Reactions: KittyLover24
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT