ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball in a FB stadium: See the worst seat at F4 & how much it costs!

Just playing your game, man. You argue anything and everything that COULD be remotely feasible. I don't see why "city employee makes error" is implausible.
As I already stated, we have an official city document stating very clearly a number. OTOH there is (supposedly) a verbal statement (presumably) made by a nontech bureaucrat. If one has to assume that one of the two is wrong it is FAR MORE REASONABLE to assume that the nontechnical bureaucrat is wrong (while making a verbal statement for the media), as opposed to the city officer while performing an important official duty for which he is trained and presumably has experience. If you do not see it that way, you have some sort of problem.

As I already stated, we have an official city document stating very clearly a number. OTOH there is (supposedly) a verbal statement (presumably) made by a nontech bureaucrat. If one has to assume that one of the two is wrong it is FAR MORE REASONABLE to assume that the nontechnical bureaucrat is wrong (while making a verbal statement for the media), as opposed to the city officer while performing an important official duty for which he is trained and presumably has experience. If you do not see it that way, you have some sort of problem.

I just think it's pretty hilarious (and kind of sad) at this point, honestly.

Then tough titties. Welcome to the world of bigtime college athletics, where you have to pay if you want nice things.

EDIT: That also applies to parking preferences, by the way.
Ok, I get it, I guess. Screw the little guy who has been supporting the program for years. Or they could have built a 10,000 seat arena, with various price ranges. BTW, I'll likely have my numbered parking space in the west lot this coming season. Guess it helps to know the right people. Stop over for a warm beer.

Ok, I get it, I guess. Screw the little guy who has been supporting the program for years. Or they could have built a 10,000 seat arena, with various price ranges. BTW, I'll likely have my numbered parking space in the west lot this coming season. Guess it helps to know the right people. Stop over for a warm beer.

More like "Northwestern fans have been getting a screaming deal in comparison to other B1G schools for a really long time, but are now throwing a hissyfit when prices and the way of doing business move incrementally closer to other B1G/P5 programs despite the fact that they've historically demanded championship-level results from teams without providing commensurate and competitive revenues."

PS -- congratulations on finding a "back door" around the minimum donation for parking... but what are you going to constantly bitch about now?

More like "Northwestern fans have been getting a screaming deal in comparison to other B1G schools for a really long time, but are now throwing a hissyfit when prices and the way of doing business move incrementally closer to other B1G/P5 programs despite the fact that they've historically demanded championship-level results from teams without providing commensurate and competitive revenues."

PS -- congratulations on finding a "back door" around the minimum donation for parking... but what are you going to constantly bitch about now?
Pot holes. Oh wait - all fixed. How about cold hot dogs? Just kidding, your welcome to a cold one.

I'm going to leave this to somebody else, but here is contact info that most have seen already. Don't know if he will reply, but maybe he will at least give an indication how final the 6,800 is. I will go with this person as a bit more of an authority than anybody here (or any season ticket rep)
http://www.northwestern.edu/fm/projects/our_projects/evanston/welsh-ryan-arena-renovation.html

Contact Information
All inquiries should be directed to:

Steven Himes, Project Manager
Northwestern University
Facilities Management Design & Construction
2020 Ridge Avenue, Suite 250
Evanston, IL 60208
Phone: 847-467-3416
steven.himes@northwestern.edu

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT