ADVERTISEMENT

Battle of the bad

mikewebb68

Oct 24, 2009
On FS1. Illinois just managed to blow a 20 pt lead, but up 3 now. Underwood inside the huddle was just priceless...

Is defense completely optional in this game?
It wasn't in the first half, until everyone on the Illini got into their obligatory foul trouble and they were forced to play zone...

Io_a''s D, however, is a trainwreck.

After having Iowa hang 104 points on them for their first BIG victory, the lolIllini are off to their first 0-5 BIG start in 20 years!

Memba the Illini trolls who visited the board prior our game with them after their "hot" start from playing the worst teams in the nation? Must seem like a century ago for them. 'Oh well, at least they will always have their Missouri Super Bowl win...

And for those of you who doubted my assessment at that time that the Illini were bad, apology accepted!

Underwood will be fired after next season. The Illini players he has accumulated aren't so good. They might do what the Illini football team did in conference! I wish we played them again- so we could beat them again of course.

I've been impressed with the job Underwood has done. His defensive schemes are something to watch. He'll have the program turned around within a few years.

I've been impressed with the job Underwood has done. His defensive schemes are something to watch. He'll have the program turned around within a few years.
Except he likely won't be there or the program will be on NCAA sanctions.

Reactions: mickbula
Give Underwood a few years, assuming he stays, and see how the program goes.

Given Underwood's success at other programs, it wouldn't surprise me at all to see him turn things around. But for now, LOL Illini is in full force, which is wonderful. No Illini trolls on this site, and if you go to the Illini boards, it's high comedy.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT