ADVERTISEMENT

Key stat of the game

eastbaycat99

Mar 7, 2009
Johnell Davis: 9 turnovers

Since the pregame story line was Buie/Davis, containing Davis and exploiting FAU’s reliance on him was decisive. The comparative stat line:

Davis: 18 points, 2 assists, 9 turnovers, 6 rebounds, 6-16 FG’s (1-6 3 pt.)
Buie: 22 points, 4 assists, 3 turnovers, 3 rebounds, 8-20 FG’s (4-10 3 pt.)

Buie comes through again.

Since the pregame story line was Buie/Davis, containing Davis and exploiting FAU’s reliance on him was decisive. The comparative stat line:

As much as our offense sucked, our defense is incredible to watch live even without Nicholson.

We have a real shot versus UConn.

Reactions: mickbula

I believe Buie was 1-6 the first half with 3 points, so he was 7-14 after halftime with 19 points. Gotta love Borg getting his career high 27, that’s what we were hoping for when he transferred in.

Reactions: Cataria and zbag51
As much as our offense sucked, our defense is incredible to watch live even without Nicholson.

We have a real shot versus UConn.

Our offense sucked at times, but at other times was ****ing gorgeous. Even without an effective offensive game out of our Bigs, this thing can really get humming if (i) the ball is actually moving and (ii) someone not named Boo hits shots, which was Langborg today. The offensive spurts early in the second half and in OT were driven more by Langborg’s shot-making than anything else.

Somebody who knows something (I think it was Jay Wright) said "Northwestern really struggled in the first half on offense trying to get Buie going, but then they changed the attack to try to set screens for Langborg to get open looks and it completely changed the game."

He also said Buie was one of his favorite players.

Somebody who knows something (I think it was Jay Wright) said "Northwestern really struggled in the first half on offense trying to get Buie going, but then they changed the attack to try to set screens for Langborg to get open looks and it completely changed the game."

He also said Buie was one of his favorite players.
How much Collins has grown as a coach. Having to make those adjustments, keeping them calm. And how many different ways he they have found to win. That was a final 4 tourney team last year with basically everybody back and the D they threw at them made them look pretty pedestrian

Reactions: Cataria and zbag51
How much Collins has grown as a coach. Having to make those adjustments, keeping them calm. And how many different ways he they have found to win. That was a final 4 tourney team last year with basically everybody back and the D they threw at them made them look pretty pedestrian
I agree with you, but it does help the coach when Barnhizer and Langborg are the guys taking the shots, instead of Beran and Audige. Audige could catch fire on occasion, but he was never as "money" as Langborg was today after halftime.

I'd love to ask Buie about it.

Key stat of the game - Ryan Langborg’s shooting numbers in the 2nd half plus OT. Might have been 10 for 10 roughly?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT