ADVERTISEMENT

Bears hire 36YO GM

CatManTrue

Oct 4, 2008
Ryan Poles from the Chiefs has been named the Bears new GM. He was an OL for Matt Ryan at BC.

Is there any chance he puts in a word to bring Kafka as a QB whisperer to see what they really have in Fields?

Ryan Poles from the Chiefs has been named the Bears new GM. He was an OL for Matt Ryan at BC.

Is there any chance he puts in a word to bring Kafka as a QB whisperer to see what they really have in Fields?
It's a young man's world. Maybe those Death Panels weren't such a bad idea.

The Bears will be conducting second interviews with 2 "recycled" former heard coaches (Caldwell and Quinn). Let's hope they don't make the same mistake they did with John Fox.

One of the young offensive coordinators (Leftwich, Daboll , Bieniemy etc) would be a better choice. Kafka as QB coach would be great but there are rumors that if Bieniemy leaves the Chiefs , Kafka would be the new OC

Reactions: Hungry Jack
Andy Reid is 64 years old. Would Bienemy be smart to simply wait for him to retire, and get bumped up to HC? Similar to what I believe that McDaniels will do in New England? That way, Jim Caldwell could bring in Mike K as his OC.

I think Dan Quinn is a pretty good coach, definitely in a different category than Caldwell. That said, fingers crossed that the Bears hire Bienemy. (You can judge neither Daboll nor Bienemy until they coach with a human quarterback, but I like Bienemy because of his track record.)

Mostly, I came here to post that Ryan Poles still doesn’t have a Wikipedia page.

I think Dan Quinn is a pretty good coach, definitely in a different category than Caldwell. That said, fingers crossed that the Bears hire Bienemy. (You can judge neither Daboll nor Bienemy until they coach with a human quarterback, but I like Bienemy because of his track record.)

Mostly, I came here to post that Ryan Poles still doesn’t have a Wikipedia page.

At least he’s on LinkedIn. Another BC guy…might be a nice connection to Brian Flores.

Zero chance for Bidnemy. They’re not getting another OC from the Chiefs after the last debacle. The two best offensive minded guys are Dabol and Hackett

The Bears will be conducting second interviews with 2 "recycled" former heard coaches (Caldwell and Quinn). Let's hope they don't make the same mistake they did with John Fox.

One of the young offensive coordinators (Leftwich, Daboll , Bieniemy etc) would be a better choice. Kafka as QB coach would be great but there are rumors that if Bieniemy leaves the Chiefs , Kafka would be the new OC
You mean a young hot coordinator like Matt Nagy? Caldwell and Quinn are both excellent, proven head coaches. Not only would I be happy with either one, I think it’s very likely one of them will be the Bears next Head Coach.

Nagy had only been OC for 5 games the Chiefs so he was not experienced at that position

If the choice is Quinn hopefully he will hire an excellent OC ..would Kafka "defect" from the Chiefs ?

I think they will take one of the two. I am old, but isn’t Caldwell ancient?
I really don’t care about his age.. The man was able to turn around an offense and win a Super Bowl with Joe Flacco as his QB and he made Flacco look good doing it. Check out Flacco’s stats with and without Caldwell. Stark difference. Peyton Manning raves about the man and he took Indy to a Super Bowl as head coach with Manning. Last, he made the Lions look good for three years straight. Hard to do. The guy is a really good coach.

I really don’t care about his age.. The man was able to turn around an offense and win a Super Bowl with Joe Flacco as his QB and he made Flacco look good doing it. Check out Flacco’s stats with and without Caldwell. Stark difference. Peyton Manning raves about the man and he took Indy to a Super Bowl as head coach with Manning. Last, he made the Lions look good for three years straight. Hard to do. The guy is a really good coach.
He also had 2 win seasons. I would go with Quinn out of the two.

Isn't Quinn known for making some extremely bone-headed decisions when he coached the Falcons? Let alone the Super Bowl debacle, I remember his team blowing multiple double-digit leads late in games routinely. Why would the Bears want him?

He also had 2 win seasons. I would go with Quinn out of the two.
Yes, when Payton Manning got hurt and was out for the entire year. We know even the best coaches can’t overcome not having a QB. Take away that season and his record as a head coach is 60-36, with three of those seasons coming with the Lions. He won 11 games with he Lions in his best year. I don’t think the Lions have won 11 games in total since he left. The guy can coach.

FWIW in today's Chicago Tribune, there is a favorable article about Matt Eberflus. Players and coaches who worked with him have high praise .

If the Bears hire a defensive-minded head coach hopefully he will be choose a top notch OC. Since the new GM came form the Chiefs and is familiar with their staff, Kafka might be in the running (?) especially since he a Chicago native

I think Kafka is a real possibility as OC if Eberflus is the pick. I happen to like Eberflus the best out of the candidates who have never been head coaches. The new bears GM is supposedly friendly with Eberflus as they share the same agent, former Bear Trace Armstrong. Poles is also pretty close to Kafka given their time together with the chiefs. Doubt the other two candidates are open to Kafka as OC. They probably have their staff already in mind.

It’s going to be Colts DC Eberflus. OC pick will be critical.

As a Vikings fan… we hired the other guy.

Our guy’s name is MENSAh, so you know he’s smart.

FWIW in today's Chicago Tribune, there is a favorable article about Matt Eberflus. Players and coaches who worked with him have high praise .

If the Bears hire a defensive-minded head coach hopefully he will be choose a top notch OC. Since the new GM came form the Chiefs and is familiar with their staff, Kafka might be in the running (?) especially since he a Chicago native
Eberflus it is.

good article in Sun Times today on Poles overall plan and what he has to work with...looks like he is going to slow play it....and then bring the hammer down next year when they have all their picks and the 2nd highest amount of $ ..to cherry pick the free agent market. so one more year of watching Fields develop or not.

good article in Sun Times today on Poles overall plan and what he has to work with...looks like he is going to slow play it....and then bring the hammer down next year when they have all their picks and the 2nd highest amount of $ ..to cherry pick the free agent market. so one more year of watching Fields develop or not.
Probably the best thing he can do this year is solidify that offensive line so that Fields does not get killed. The Lucas Patrick signing is a good start, but he probably needs to find a stopgap LT and another guard. It is going to be hard to get find weapons for Fields in this year's FA market after what happened in the first few days. I wonder if they can work something about with ARob, whom I think is still a good player.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT