ADVERTISEMENT

Ben Bryant gives huge props to coach Braun

Another Fitz homerun. Virtually every transfer brought in this past off-season was a major contributor. Despite our limitations in acquiring players from the portal, Fitz seemingly figured it out.
Bryant throws the best deep ball I’ve ever seen from an NU quarterback. NU benefited from getting a readymade signal caller — a shame it’s only for one season.

🤞🤞🤞 that one day NU can find a QB that the program has faith in out of high school.

Another Fitz homerun. Virtually every transfer brought in this past off-season was a major contributor. Despite our limitations in acquiring players from the portal, Fitz seemingly figured it out.

How does recruiting work? I assume there's a recruiting staff who's doing most of the heavy lifting and a head coach who makes the final decision based on the staff's recommendations? If so, then Fitz' recruiting staff should still be there to continue do what they do if Braun keeps them right?

How does recruiting work? I assume there's a recruiting staff who's doing most of the heavy lifting and a head coach who makes the final decision based on the staff's recommendations? If so, then Fitz' recruiting staff should still be there to continue do what they do if Braun keeps them right?

Oh boy…you kicked the hornest’s nest here. I’ll let @gocatsgo2003 elaborate on our most recent process…but I can assure you that while there is a recruiting staff that casts a wide net, ultimately it’s the assistant coaches that do the majority of the heavy lifting.

I’m afraid we need another portal QB unless there’s a decent chance Sullivan might finally emerge under a new OC/QB coach.

I’m afraid we need another portal QB unless there’s a decent chance Sullivan might finally emerge under a new OC/QB coach.

Absolutely need another portal QB as we lose both Bryant and Hilinski. Can’t go into next near with just Sullivan and Lausch. Hoping the new OC has a QB he can bring with him to NU.

Did not forget him. Should have said “with just Sullivan and Lausch as viable options to see the field”. Really just Sully TBH as Lausch starting would scare the hell out of me. We’re gona need a high school and transfer QB this recruiting cycle.
Would be nice to get a couple QBs so we could switch Lausch to full time WR if he’s just not going to be a viable passer even as a backup.

Did not forget him. Should have said “with just Sullivan and Lausch as viable options to see the field”. Really just Sully TBH as Lausch starting would scare the hell out of me. We’re gona need a high school and transfer QB this recruiting cycle.
Have we heard indications that Gray is…mmm…Carl-like as a quarterback? It would not be a good sign if, in a Sullivan-Lausch-Gray QB room, Gray was not considered a candidate.

Thankful for the transfer portal!

Here’s my hot take. Lausch emerges next season and is a legit threat running and throwing.

Reactions: corbi296
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT