ADVERTISEMENT

Ben Miller

Hungry Jack

Gold Member
Nov 17, 2008
the cotton fields and bus shelters
www.cbc.ca
Alex and Samdup’s youngest brother looks to be a pretty good MLB prospect. I could not find junior tape, but his sophmore tape is solid. Seems to have matured physically early, like his brothers.

http://www.public.hudl.com/profile/6209926/ben-miller

(Sorry —stupid IOS has all sorts of issues embedding links here. Thank you Apple for screwing up something that once worked very well)

I assume we are in on him.

Alex and Samdup’s youngest brother looks to be a pretty good MLB prospect. I could not find junior tape, but his sophmore tape is solid. Seems to have matured physically early, like his brothers.

http://www.public.hudl.com/profile/6209926/ben-miller

(Sorry —stupid IOS has all sorts of issues embedding links here. Thank you Apple for screwing up something that once worked very well)

I assume we are in on him.
I hope the Millers have a big family. Keep 'em coming!

We certainly struck gold with the first two—each started as a true frosh. Not easy for DL to do that given the strength needed.
No kidding. It feels like somehow he would be a lock to play right away. A silly feeling but the Millers have been great. Would love to get a trifecta of first year playing Millers.

And if Ben ends up in purple, and all three brothers end up on the field together, some wag will probably headline their story as The Millers' Tale.

Reactions: Hungry Jack
They made a movie already.

We-re-the-Millers-Wallpaper-01.jpg

By the way, it's a very entertaining movie if you want simple mindless fun. Any movie with Jennifer Aniston playing a stripper is off to a good start. :D

Reactions: Hungry Jack
Question for Lou or anyone else in the know. Did Ben get hurt or have something else happen to him this year? There are severel tweets from his HS teammates early this year indicating they were playing for him. Have not found any article that talks about his absence.

Last edited:
Reactions: CoralSpringsCat
Question for Lou or anyone else in the know, did Ben get hurt or have something else happen to him this year? There are severel tweets from his HS teammates early this year indicating they were playing for him. Have not found any article that talks about his absence.

I saw something similar...couldn’t find any specifics either. Hope Ben is well.

And if Ben ends up in purple, and all three brothers end up on the field together, some wag will probably headline their story as The Millers' Tale.
What Procal Harem song referenced The Miller's Tale? I guess the band members were big Chaucer fans.

They maintain that their lyrics in "Whiter Shade of Pale" ('...when the miller told his tale') do NOT reference The Miller's Tale.

Had me fooled.

What Procal Harem song referenced The Miller's Tale? I guess the band members were big Chaucer fans.

"And so it was that later
As the miller told his tale
That her face, at first just ghostly
Turned a whiter shade of pale."

Reactions: StreamCat
"And so it was that later
As the miller told his tale
That her face, at first just ghostly
Turned a whiter shade of pale."

Outstanding! My son got extra credit in his high school English class for getting the answer to this. Of course, the boy had to ask me.

They maintain that their lyrics in "Whiter Shade of Pale" ('...when the miller told his tale') do NOT reference The Miller's Tale.

Had me fooled.
Oh, no! And so another illusion shattered!

Had me fooled.
That song was the theme to our junior prom in HS. Many of us thought it ironic. Out of 1500 students we had one non-white student, a Japanese fellow. We derisively considered "A Whiter Shade of Pale" our HS pep song.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT