ADVERTISEMENT

Berry needs more shots

NUThump

May 29, 2001
Did he shoot more than once in the second half? The way he is shooting the ball is impressive. They did say he would be a breakout player this year.

Reactions: Baz=Heisman
If he, Brooks and Langborg (I know not tonight but still) can hit threes at a 33-35% clip teams won’t be able to double Boo all game and it’s going to open it up ever more for us.

Berry is effective because a) he’s apparently worked on his shot a lot, and b) he doesn’t force his shot.

His elevation has been the best story of the season — just a perfect progression from fresh-faced bench guy to reliable starter to leader. He’s still not a great ball handler, and I don’t know that he can get to the bucket. Depending on the night, he’s the third or fourth option, which suits his game perfectly. I don’t doubt that he’ll be The Guy in another conference win this season.

What’s most interesting is that he seems to be smiling…less…this year. I loved Smiley Ty, but I also enjoy Killer Ty more than I expected. He even looks taller to me this year, inexplicably.

Berry is effective because a) he’s apparently worked on his shot a lot, and b) he doesn’t force his shot.

His elevation has been the best story of the season — just a perfect progression from fresh-faced bench guy to reliable starter to leader. He’s still not a great ball handler, and I don’t know that he can get to the bucket. Depending on the night, he’s the third or fourth option, which suits his game perfectly. I don’t doubt that he’ll be The Guy in another conference win this season.

What’s most interesting is that he seems to be smiling…less…this year. I loved Smiley Ty, but I also enjoy Killer Ty more than I expected. He even looks taller to me this year, inexplicably.
He's an excellent rebounder and very good defender as well

The commentary mid game by Bardo that Berry’s shot being so improved having the potential to make him big money at the next level is on point. He’s a great defender, rebounder, and overall support player, if he can both slash to score and shoot like this… he’s a legit option. He’s been playing like everything we’d hoped he could be this offseason. Great great player.

I do like his toughness and drive to basket. Ballhandling needs work.

Ty’s shot looks very different from last year. He has much more arc. His release point looks higher and more above his head (as opposed to in front of his face). The higher trajectory and better backspin give it a slower, softer feel.

I hope he does not lose his confidence. He's prone to that as proved by two games in a row earlier this season where he was bad.

Right now he's at a point we see him get open and feel it's definitely going in.

Reactions: SmellyCat
I hope he does not lose his confidence. He's prone to that as proved by two games in a row earlier this season where he was bad.

Right now he's at a point we see him get open and feel it's definitely going in.
My feeling is that he played in Audige's shadow last year. Audige wanted the ball and Collins trusted him.
Now Berry knows his importance on both ends of the court and has responded.
"Much more vocal with his teammates in the huddle this year" according to the tv guys.

Reactions: Hungry Jack
Ty plays gloriously more angry, and I swear he’s gotten taller. He came in and is still listed at 6’3”.

But standing next to Wisconsin #2 Storr, who is listed at 6’7”, he’s just about head to head. I’m probably delusional.

Also, Ty has drown a foul though defensive positioning, and by being quicker to a loose ball. What a Dude.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT