ADVERTISEMENT

Big Ten: 16-1

NUCat320

Dec 4, 2005
That’s a conference record for wins in a given football weekend.

Of the newbies, only Washington dominated last night.

Big opportunity for B1G-SEC bragging rights today. USC at LSU. A USC win would be a boost for NU’s playoff chances.

It would be funny if Fleck was the only week one loser. It’s definitely funny that the Big Ten has 16 wins. What a world!

Big opportunity for B1G-SEC bragging rights today. USC at LSU. A USC win would be a boost for NU’s playoff chances.
Jimmy Fallon Wow GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

I think the score wipeouts are reflective of NIL. I don't recall so many 50-0 type blowouts since before scholarship numbers were cut. Zero upsets this weekend. Very unusual.

Reactions: Alaskawildkat
I think the score wipeouts are reflective of NIL. I don't recall so many 50-0 type blowouts since before scholarship numbers were cut. Zero upsets this weekend. Very unusual.
Speaking of upsets...I believe we can beat Michigan this season. Anybody watch their game? Very average. And I think our d is as good as theirs. Our qb possible better. Fresno not so good.

Also I might be crazy but... is this not arguably the best coaching staffs from top to bottom that the Big Ten has had in a long time?

I think pretty much every staff outside of UCLA (for obvious reasons given the offseason exit of Kelly) is solid whereas a couple of years ago I would have pointed to like 4 or 5 schools with coaches that were really questionable hires.

Maryland, Rutgers, Illinois, Minnesota, Indiana appear to have competent staffs at the same time, I'm pretty sure that didn't happen at any other point since Maryland/Rutgers joined the Big Ten.

(Yeah I know some haven't been at their spots for a long time like Nebraska or us or Indiana, but I feel more confident in the overall staffs than I perhaps ever have in this conference).

Also I might be crazy but... is this not arguably the best coaching staffs from top to bottom that the Big Ten has had in a long time?

I think pretty much every staff outside of UCLA (for obvious reasons given the offseason exit of Kelly) is solid whereas a couple of years ago I would have pointed to like 4 or 5 schools with coaches that were really questionable hires.

Maryland, Rutgers, Illinois, Minnesota, Indiana appear to have competent staffs at the same time, I'm pretty sure that didn't happen at any other point since Maryland/Rutgers joined the Big Ten.

(Yeah I know some haven't been at their spots for a long time like Nebraska or us or Indiana, but I feel more confident in the overall staffs than I perhaps ever have in this conference).

Agreed.

Reactions: Rebel II

Means it is a scary place to have to make your bones

I guess others aren’t as impressed as we are with our team. We have the worst team with the worst QB. I wonder if they even watch games.

I guess others aren’t as impressed as we are with our team. We have the worst team with the worst QB. I wonder if they even watch games.

I guess there's no difference between playing WMU (4-8 last year) and Miami (11-3 last year). They're both "nonconference competition," and if we were any good, we would have trounced MU the way Wisky trounced WMU ...lol

Lol. I attended the Badger game to see my nephews play in the marching band. The “band parent” (or band uncle) experience was pretty great, I must say. But the Badgers were pedestrian at best. The refs helped them out with some super questionable but completely unquestioned spots. I guess 10th in the B1G might be about right, though it’s laughable compared with NU at a supposed 18.

I guess there's no difference between playing WMU (4-8 last year) and Miami (11-3 last year). They're both "nonconference competition," and if we were any good, we would have trounced MU the way Wisky trounced WMU ...lol

Not worth the read. Typical put down based on perception of programs vs actual performance of QBs.

Reactions: zeek55

Pretty typical ranking without watching the game or knowing anything about what transpired.

I'd put Wright above a bunch of the other QBs in terms of performance, and given we played a team better than most of the rest of the conference did, hard to take this seriously.

But we won't be able to show that until we win a couple more games; just how it is.

Reactions: techtim72
Georgia Tech over FSU, though that wasn’t over the weekend.

BIG now 17 and 1 as USC takes down LSU 27 - 20. Nice to see it happen to one of the biggest a-holes in the coaching profession, Kelly. Wonder who he will blame this time.
Could not watch due to the Disney-DirecTV contract dispute, but ESPN app linked to the ESPN radio broadcast.

Anyway, color guy referred to Kelly’s histrionics as “throwing a hissy fit,” and I laughed out loud. (Actually, it may have simply been “pitching a fit”.)

Last edited:
Reactions: Hkjb and hdhntr1
Wisconsin was very fortunate to win that game. Trailed 14-13 in the fourth quarter and went 3-and-out before their rugby style punt took a weird hop and hit a WMU player, leading to the go-ahead score. Their Alabama game in two weeks is likely to be a beatdown, but we will see.

Reactions: CoralSpringsCat

Make that 17-1

Reactions: Alaskawildkat

Honestly it sounds fair. I sure did not see anything that would really move him up (especially with the two fumbled snaps) other than we won the game and he ran well. But 16 of our bretheren won theirs as well. Not sure I understand the QB rating system

Could not watch due to the Disney-DirecTV contract dispute, but ESPN app linked to the ESPN radio broadcast.

Anyway, color guy referred to Kelly’s histrionics as “throwing a hissy fit,” and I laughed out loud. (Actually, it may have simply been “pitching a fit”.)
Same here, Looks like it was a pretty good game

Well they better get it straightened out quick because Friday's game is supposed to be on ESPNU

Pretty typical ranking without watching the game or knowing anything about what transpired.

I'd put Wright above a bunch of the other QBs in terms of performance, and given we played a team better than most of the rest of the conference did, hard to take this seriously.

But we won't be able to show that until we win a couple more games; just how it is.
We scored fewer points than any team in the BIG

This USC team was one of the big ? nationally because of their year-in and year-out sorry defenses. They played well against an LSU team that has a loaded offense and what many consider the best OL in the country. Those 2 LSU OTs should both be top 15 - or so - in the next NFL draft. This USC team could really make some noise not only in the B1G, but also nationally. Watch out as they have athleticism and speed galore just like OSU and Oregon

ABC/ESPN are out of our TV deals, so home games (and conference road games) can't be there.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT