ADVERTISEMENT

Big Ten getting ravaged with early NBA declarations.

Purple Pile Driver

Gold Member
May 14, 2014
Anywhere but the Rant Board
Don’t know how many will stick in the draft, but the league will be way weaker if all these underclassman leave:

Carsen Edwards
Kaleb Wesson
Joe Weiskamp
Romeo Langford
Charles Matthews
Jordan Poole
Isaiah Roby
Lamar Stevens
Ignas Brazdeikis
Amir Coffey
Tyler Cook
Anthony Cowan Jr
Bruno Fernando

Gotta think most come back. Langford and Fernando are the only sure fire high picks.

Fernando and Langford are first round locks. Probably top 20, possibly lottery. I don't see any way they stay with that projection, even if they "could" move up if they stay another year. Get your money.

Edwards is projected top of the second round. He's undersized for an NBA guard, but coming off of this season and his Elite Eight performance his stock will probably never be higher. It's odd for a junior who's not a first-rounder to go into the draft but for him it's probably his best shot.

I've seen Cook, Brazdeikis, and Roby mocked in the late second round, but I'm guessing they (along with the rest of the underclassmen on the list) come back. They can improve their stock and it's not as risky.

Don’t know how many will stick in the draft, but the league will be way weaker if all these underclassman leave:

Carsen Edwards
Kaleb Wesson
Joe Weiskamp
Romeo Langford
Charles Matthews
Jordan Poole
Isaiah Roby
Lamar Stevens
Ignas Brazdeikis
Amir Coffey
Tyler Cook
Anthony Cowan Jr
Bruno Fernando

Gotta think most come back. Langford and Fernando are the only sure fire high picks.
Are you sure Langford is after this year?

Fernando and Langford are first round locks. Probably top 20, possibly lottery. I don't see any way they stay with that projection, even if they "could" move up if they stay another year. Get your money.

Edwards is projected top of the second round. He's undersized for an NBA guard, but coming off of this season and his Elite Eight performance his stock will probably never be higher. It's odd for a junior who's not a first-rounder to go into the draft but for him it's probably his best shot.

I've seen Cook, Brazdeikis, and Roby mocked in the late second round, but I'm guessing they (along with the rest of the underclassmen on the list) come back. They can improve their stock and it's not as risky.

cook said he's hiring an agent

From everything I'm reading from the pundits, it's a very weak draft class this year, so if you think you can get first-round money and contract length, go for it. Langford shows up in the first round of just about every mock draft I've seen. Doesn't mean he's ready for the NBA, or that he'll be a good player, but if your agent has a strong sense you're going to get drafted in the first round, go for it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT