ADVERTISEMENT

Big Ten TV Schedule: Week Twelve (11/21)

Styre

Oct 14, 2004
All times CENTRAL, and all games played on Saturday, November 21. Rankings come from the coaches’ poll. All games nationally televised unless otherwise indicated.

First, the NU game:

#21 Northwestern @ #20 Wisconsin
2:30 PM, BTN (HD)
PxP: Kevin Kugler
Color: Matt Millen

And the rest:

#13 Michigan @ Penn State
11:00 AM, ABC (HD)
PxP: Bob Wischusen
Color: Brock Huard

Purdue @ #6 Iowa
11:00 AM, ESPN2 (HD)
PxP: Beth Mowins
Color: Anthony Becht

Illinois @ Minnesota
11:00 AM, ESPNEWS (HD)
PxP: Eamon McAnaney
Color: Rocky Boiman

Indiana @ Maryland
11:00 AM, BTN (HD)
PxP: Cory Provus
Color: Glen Mason

Rutgers @ Army
11:00 AM, CBS Sports Network (HD)
PxP: Ben Holden
Color: Jay Feely

#9 Michigan State @ #2 Ohio State (ESPN College GameDay)
2:30 PM, ABC (HD)
PxP: Chris Fowler
Color: Kirk Herbstreit

Nebraska is off this week.

All times CENTRAL, and all games played on Saturday, November 21. Rankings come from the coaches’ poll. All games nationally televised unless otherwise indicated.

First, the NU game:

#21 Northwestern @ #20 Wisconsin
2:30 PM, BTN (HD)
PxP: Kevin Kugler
Color: Matt Millen

And the rest:

#13 Michigan @ Penn State
11:00 AM, ABC (HD)
PxP: Bob Wischusen
Color: Brock Huard

Purdue @ #6 Iowa
11:00 AM, ESPN2 (HD)
PxP: Beth Mowins
Color: Anthony Becht

Illinois @ Minnesota
11:00 AM, ESPNEWS (HD)
PxP: Eamon McAnaney
Color: Rocky Boiman

Indiana @ Maryland
11:00 AM, BTN (HD)
PxP: Cory Provus
Color: Glen Mason

Rutgers @ Army
11:00 AM, CBS Sports Network (HD)
PxP: Ben Holden
Color: Jay Feely

#9 Michigan State @ #2 Ohio State (ESPN College GameDay)
2:30 PM, ABC (HD)
PxP: Chris Fowler
Color: Kirk Herbstreit

Nebraska is off this week.

I can't take Matt Millen. Probably watch with the sound off this week.

I can't take Matt Millen. Probably watch with the sound off this week.
If you have a DVR get Dave Eanet on wgnam.com and sync the TV to the audio by delaying it. I do that for every game. Can't stand most of the TV announcers.

Matt Millen facts:

From Wikipedia: "After his playing career, Millen was President and CEO of the Detroit Lions from 2001 until week 4 of the 2008 NFL season. His eight-year tenure as head of the franchise led to the worst eight-year record in the history of the modern NFL (31-84, a .270 winning percentage), and resulted in his termination on September 24, 2008.

From USA Today:

Matt Millen's son punched him for not drafting DeMarcus Ware
http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2013/10/08/matt-millen-a-football-life-detroit-lions-demarcus-ware/2941827/

Perfect training to be a BTN color commentator.

If watching live, I prefer to listen to the radio and have the TV muted. But there is often a significant delay.

However, WNUR is my choice. Must be since I still feel like a student.

That only works if the TV is ahead of WGN. For me WGN is ahead.
Who's your TV provider? I'm using DirecTV with their DVR and then get wgnam.com over the Internet. The radio webcast is at least 2 to 3 minutes behind the video, which makes it easy to sync. There must be a big delay with your TV provider to prevent being able to sync to the audio. That's surprising.

Who's your TV provider? I'm using DirecTV with their DVR and then get wgnam.com over the Internet. The radio webcast is at least 2 to 3 minutes behind the video, which makes it easy to sync. There must be a big delay with your TV provider to prevent being able to sync to the audio. That's surprising.

I do have Directv. The last time I tried it WGN was ahead, I'll try it again today.

I do have Directv. The last time I tried it WGN was ahead, I'll try it again today.
I usually pause the TV right at the moment the ball is about to be kicked off the first time. It's a good idea to start and stop it a few times at that point, because the DVR might back up a few seconds otherwise when you push play. Then when Dave Eanet says "here's the run up, the kick" push play. Usually it will stay perfectly synced after that, at least until a break. Once in awhile WGN will use a break time that's longer than the TV and you have to re-sync with the action. I hope you can get it to work. Much more enjoyable than TV announcers.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT