ADVERTISEMENT

Biggest Game of the Season, right?

NUCat320

Dec 4, 2005
This one’s a must-win for a bowl, yeah?

Game 3 of the most important 4-game stretch of the season, right?

I hope NU makes McNamara look stupid.

Was last weekend so discouraging that fans have lost hope? Maybe it was.

Either way, super-quiet, quieter than usual here.

(Super hot resurrected gambling discussion, tho. I watched a bit of the Pistons on the FanDuel Sports Network last night. I saw that they had a huge lead, but not how they blew it.)

This is absolutely a “must win.” If we win, I assume we can beat Purdue and then have to steal 1 of the final 3… if we lose, I still think we beat Purdue but then we must beat Michigan (at the big house) AND Illinois at Wrigley. The latter seems pretty unlikely.

Beat Iowa!

This is absolutely a “must win.” If we win, I assume we can beat Purdue and then have to steal 1 of the final 3… if we lose, I still think we beat Purdue but then we must beat Michigan (at the big house) AND Illinois at Wrigley. The latter seems pretty unlikely.

Beat Iowa!
Maybe we can sneak into a bowl with 5 wins due to APR rankings?

Yes. Amen. We do NOT want the APR title (which yes we own because we are smart and do it the right way and don’t lower standards!). Let’s get to 6 and party in Detroit!
There's things we want and things we'd take if it's the best we can get.

Yes. Amen. We do NOT want the APR title (which yes we own because we are smart and do it the right way and don’t lower standards!). Let’s get to 6 and party in Detroit!
We absolutely would take it if we got to 5 wins. Remember that we get those 15 (or whatever it is) extra practices - that’s a huge difference.

Reactions: hdhntr1
I feel like the five-win thing would've been like if the hoops team first made it to the NCAAs as a "first four" team. I'm so glad the team was an eight seed when they crashed the party in 2017 so that no one would say they only got in because of expansion (hell, as an eighth seed, they would have gotten in as far back as 1975!).

Reactions: Baz=Heisman
I feel like the five-win thing would've been like if the hoops team first made it to the NCAAs as a "first four" team. I'm so glad the team was an eight seed when they crashed the party in 2017 so that no one would say they only got in because of expansion (hell, as an eighth seed, they would have gotten in as far back as 1975!).
Yup. And since we’ve won a bowl game many times now I guess a 5-7 APR bowl entry wouldn’t be that bad… but let’s get 6 so we aren’t singled out lol

Reactions: phatcat
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT