ADVERTISEMENT

Bill Connelly: Iowa would have been better off punting on every first down against Ohio State.

Go Catz

Sep 26, 2019
The only touchdown they scored was on defense. This should be an opportunity for JON to pad his stats. But I have a feeling we'll be seeing at least one big run, as usual, and QB Padilla running to pick up lots of timely first downs.

(stolen from Reddit)

While I agree that Iowa Offense will likely score some on us, it is a moot point. I believe their defense may outscore our offense

While I agree that Iowa Offense will likely score some on us, it is a moot point. I believe their defense may outscore our offense
That Iowa defense is probably top 5 nationally. I think - without looking it up - that they gave up around 320 total yards to Michigan and around 360 to OSU. The OSU figure was misleading as they were on a short field most of the day as a result of Iowa's crappy offense giving them the ball around the 50 - or closer - most of the game.

My point - if Iowa had any kind of offense, they'd run away with the West. This is all on Ferentz and his clown OC son.

Last edited:
The only touchdown they scored was on defense. This should be an opportunity for JON to pad his stats. But I have a feeling we'll be seeing at least one big run, as usual, and QB Padilla running to pick up lots of timely first downs.

(stolen from Reddit)
Not Kidding Joe Biden GIF by The Democrats

That Iowa defense is probably top 5 nationally. I think - without looking it up - that they gave up around 320 total yards to Michigan and around 360 to OSU. The OSU figure was misleading as they were on a short field most of the day as a result of Iowa's crappy offense giving them the ball around the 50 - or closer - most of the game.

My point - if Iowa had any kind of offense, they'd run away with the West. This is all on Ferentz and his clown OC son.
Saturday may be a glimpse into an alternative universe for you guys

• Haha
Reactions: drewjin
My point - if Iowa had any kind of offense, they'd run away with the West. This is all on Ferentz and his clown OC son
“Brian, I know it’s been a rough 2-3 years, but your family loves you, especially your dad. Brian, it might be time for you to spread your wings and leave the family business! Boomer Sooner.”

That's the best thing I’ve seen this year.

• Haha
Reactions: drewjin
We do have a really good true freshman running back in Kaleb Johnson, but nobody blocks for him.

We do have a really good true freshman running back in Kaleb Johnson, but nobody blocks for him.
Don't worry, he'll have plenty of chances to break a long run or three against our defense.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT