ADVERTISEMENT

Boo Buie: AP All American “Honorable Mention”

NUCat320

Dec 4, 2005
He was robbed!

Here’s the best source I’ve found in two google searches that lists all HMs.

Hopefully he can settle for a Regional MOP in two weekends.

Reactions: EagerFan
The Dalton Knecht love has been a little much. Good player on a good team, but one of those guys whose story kind of took on a life of its own after his transfer from Northern Colorado. Giving him 1st team All-American with 56 of 62 first place votes is pretty absurd to me.

He was robbed!

Here’s the best source I’ve found in two google searches that lists all HMs.

Hopefully he can settle for a Regional MOP in two weekends.

Too low.

Anyone who watched Big Ten basketball realized that he deserved First team All-American awards as much as Edey.

Show them on the court Boo!!!

If Boo can't do it, who could ever get 1st AA at NU? He's got it all - household name, big game performer, dragged a historically weak team to the tourney - twice, 5 year starter so no way he surprised anyone, plays entire games. Like,.if he had made 3 more game winners, would that have lifted him to, say, 2nd team?

If Boo can't do it, who could ever get 1st AA at NU? He's got it all - household name, big game performer, dragged a historically weak team to the tourney - twice, 5 year starter so no way he surprised anyone, plays entire games. Like,.if he had made 3 more game winners, would that have lifted him to, say, 2nd team?
I’m assuming that’s a bit tongue-in-cheek, but I imagine at this stage, you are looking at about one higher seed per win for us; three game winners (or just wins) would have put us in 2nd/3rd in the Big Ten, maybe as high as a 6 seed, and likely ranked 20-25 in the nation going into the Tourney. The leader of THAT team probably is more likely to make 2nd Team AA.
Unless you are Steph Curry, it’s pretty hard to make AA on a team that stays unranked for most of the season (and even then, Davidson might have been ranked more than NU).

I’m assuming that’s a bit tongue-in-cheek, but I imagine at this stage, you are looking at about one higher seed per win for us; three game winners (or just wins) would have put us in 2nd/3rd in the Big Ten, maybe as high as a 6 seed, and likely ranked 20-25 in the nation going into the Tourney. The leader of THAT team probably is more likely to make 2nd Team AA.
Unless you are Steph Curry, it’s pretty hard to make AA on a team that stays unranked for most of the season (and even then, Davidson might have been ranked more than NU).
This is unfortunately true.

Steph Curry was also the son of a longtime NBA player so the name cred helped.

But he was still robbed, of course!
Damn straight.

You can do a lot with arbitrary cutoffs, but this is pretty unimpeachable.

He may not get drafted, but he’s definitely going to get chances at the NBA.

And even if the NBA doesn’t work out, it will be fun to follow his overseas highlights as a pro.

First things first: FAU!

I completely agree with this. The explanation that is. Does not make it right, but that's what explains it

You can do a lot with arbitrary cutoffs, but this is pretty unimpeachable.

I believe if you throw in the low turnover numbers too, it makes his stats even more incredible, especially considering the minutes played and how much he had the ball in his hands.

I believe if you throw in the low turnover numbers too, it makes his stats even more incredible, especially considering the minutes played and how much he had the ball in his hands.
Also the inconsistent supporting cast (injuries and bad games). Look how he was smothered in H2 of Wisconsin game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT