ADVERTISEMENT

Boo York, Boo York

Big knicks fan love it. Hopefully he can stick with the Knockerbockers. Thibodeau loves players like Boo who are gritty and hard working

Reactions: Hungry Jack
I'm curious about how this contract stuff works. I thought he'd signed an Exhibit 10 contract with the Suns. Now we're only a few weeks away from the start of the season and he's signed with NY. Does this put him on their G league team immediately or will he get some pre-season court time?

Here's my understanding of Exhibit 10 contracts:

It's a non-guaranteed contract that teams use to bring in additional players for Summer League and Training Camp. He signed with the Suns, played on their SL team, then was waived and became a free agent again. Now he's signed with the Knicks and will go through their Training Camp. The best case, but highly unlikely, scenario is he makes the team. The next best case would be the Knicks offer him a two-way contract and he goes to their G-League team, but could be brought up and play with the Knicks for a limited number of games during the season. The most likely outcome is he is waived after training camp. At that point the Knicks could offer him a spot on their G League team or another NBA team could offer him a G League spot or he could go overseas.

Explaining Exhibit 9 and Exhibit 10 Contracts

That sounds correct from my reading. I suppose part of my confusion is that the Knicks training camp started a week ago afaik, so it seems late in the game to bring a guy in. I assume Boo's headed for a G league deal.

One of the things that stood out for me over the summer league games were just how many guys he was competing with were in their third or fourth season of summer league tryouts, or were 'much' older ex-starter/bench guys trying to get back on a team. So he was competing against a lot of experienced guys

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT