ADVERTISEMENT

Braden Smith late game vs NU

Hkjb

Apr 23, 2016
I have really, really enjoyed watching that dude cough up the ball late-game vs NU in the past two years.
I don't have the numbers but it seems that his turnovers increase vs us late in games. We must be in his head.

And what a strange looking head it is.... (sorry, that's mean and undignified but there is something about him that I find annoying)

Pilling on the mean and undignified ideas...

I called him a representative of a Purdue look, which Fletcher Loyer is probably the poster child for, I called "the last guy a girl sees at a frat party, before she passes out".

Mrs Gato, who does not watch or care about any sports, walked by at a point, saw Fletcher Loyer on TV and said: "dude, that guy has a such a punchable face".

Last edited:
Mrs Gato, who does not watch or care about any sports, walked by at a point, saw Fletcher Loyer on TV and said: "dude, that guy has a such a punchable face".

Purdue seems to have a lot of players like that, though admittedly, NU probably does as well.

Reactions: drewjin
resize

Punchable? Hit it with the sledgehammer.

• Wow
Reactions: GatoLouco
To me, Loyer looks like Preacher Purl, the Dad of Strap Purl in Hoosiers, as a young man.

Island Of Misfit Toys Rudolf The Red Nosed Reindeer GIF

I feel Loyer is better represented by Hermey the elf who wanted to be a dentist on the island of misfit toys in the 1960s Rudolph special. He could probably work this angle on those Caleb Furst elf promotions. I think the swirl of the hair nails it.

A terrific player but yes, he had one especially reckless pass on a key possession.
Loyer is the king of flopping.
It's a family thing. Pretty sure daddy taught Foster and Fletch how to jerk their head back and flail around whenever defenders bodied them. It was really bad in HS because refs were easily fooled. Fletch should have been called for a flop in the game.

I feel Loyer is better represented by Hermey the elf who wanted to be a dentist on the island of misfit toys in the 1960s Rudolph special. He could probably work this angle on those Caleb Furst elf promotions. I think the swirl of the hair nails it.
Yeah, I think you captured Loyer here. Is Smith therefore "the last guy a girl sees in the woods, before she passes out"? Shoutout to @GatoLouco for coining the phrase.

Last edited:

Wow, uncanny.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT