ADVERTISEMENT

Braun rallies to face Maryland on short rest

Having to play a team off a bye at their place while you're on short rest is absolute shenanigans. Absolute garbage.
Oh I didn't even realize they had a bye, that's some bullshit. Reminds me of a season about 10 years ago when we faced 3 teams coming off byes in one season.

Edit - it was 2014. @Minnesota, L; Nebraska, L; @Iowa, L (we also had a bye); @Purdue, W.

Last edited:
NIL is out of control. That Vandy and Indiana (and many others of course) can load their teams with paid free agents does not impress me. People like Xander Mueller do!

First, NU does not lose every year. Second, Braun and the assistant coaches need time build a consistent winner. Third, this season isn't over yet. They were, after all, two and three at this time last year. Fourth, it is at least conceivable that some degree of sanity will return to college football. Fifth, Northwester needs to do what it does best, attract athletes that also want an education. To paraphrase Coach Braun, throwing vast amounts of money after mercenaries every year is not what will make NU successful in the long run. Developing character will.

Last edited:
First, NU does not lose every year. Second, Braun and the assistant coaches need time build a consistent winner. Third, this season isn't over yet. They were, after all, two and three at this time last year. Fourth, it is at least conceivable that some degree of sanity will return to college football. Fifth, Northwester needs to do what it does best, attract athletes that also want an education. To paraphrase Coach Braun, throwing vast amounts of money after mercenaries every year is not what will make NU successful in the long run. Developing character will.
They will lose every year if they operate as if it’s 2004. They still have a decent nucleus of players, wait until they go.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT