ADVERTISEMENT

Butler-NU official second-half thread

lou v

Aug 27, 2004
Vic Law leads NU with 9 on three 3s. He's gotta get more than four shots in the second half.

Vic Law leads NU with 9 on three 3s. He's gotta get more than four shots in the second half.

Scottie Lindsey may be the most improved player this year. He's just a different player, playing with much more confidence and looking for his shot. NU needs him to step up and be a scoring option this year, and he looks ready for the challenge.

Two 3's in a row, but then give up a backdoor and a turnover. This game is tough. A good early test for us. Let's see if this year is different. Can we scratch and claw out a win in these back and forth games.

Ok. Honestly, I REALLY like what I'm seeing here.

(They'll clean up on giving up the offensive boards. That's way more team than it is individual. It can be fixed with practice and getting to know each other.)

But I really like the speed and the movement and the aggressiveness and the team defense I'm seeing. And Law's shot looks like melted butter.

This is looking damn good to me. Damn good.

Isaiah Brown is a natural scorer. He's the real deal.

There's B Mac! His first basket of the second half comes with less than 8:00 left.

Hopefully we weathered that storm and can tie this thing back up.

That moment was tailor-made for BMac and he turned it over. Cats always had Demps to go to in crunch time. We'll see where they go now.

Man, Mac cost us there. They played great D on us. I hope we can buckle down and do the same.

I hate rooting for this team. Same as it ever was.

This team just cannot win a big game! I look for them to lose twice in New York. Not big or tough enough underneath and McIntosh looked a step slow for a lot of this game. They are improved, but....

They play great D on the final play and we play crappy D. They knock down the big shot. We turn it over. Same story, different year. NU basketball.

Should have blown them out in the first half. They shot terrible but turnovers led to 10 easy points.

Heartbreaking, as usual. I mean when will this team learn to win close ones?! On the plus side, we're a good team. Better than I thought we would be this year.

Heartbreaking, as usual. I mean when will this team learn to win close ones?! On the plus side, we're a good team. Better than I thought we would be this year.
We're not a good team until we win those games. Losing a bunch of close games doesn't mean a thing.

I'm getting really tired of this act. We don't know how to win against a good team. In the first half, we got owned on the offensive boards and gave away three or four baskets on steals (while we had none). Then in the final minutes, McIntosh dominates the ball, gets double teamed and we turn it over. Kind of like the Maryland meltdowns the last two seasons They are competitive, I'll give them that, but, in the end, it's just another discouraging loss.

Catreporter, this is not a better Butler team, it is very average this year and will really struggle to get in the NCAA this year. Butler is a team that Nortwestern should have beat by at least 10 points.

That moment was tailor-made for BMac and he turned it over. Cats always had Demps to go to in crunch time. We'll see where they go now.
C'mon. Demps won games. Yes.

But he played to his own scoreboard. There's only one scoreboard.

I'm getting really tired of this act. We don't know how to win against a good team. In the first half, we got owned on the offensive boards and gave away three or four baskets on steals (while we had none). Then in the final minutes, McIntosh dominates the ball, gets double teamed and we turn it over. Kind of like the Maryland meltdowns the last two seasons They are competitive, I'll give them that, but, in the end, it's just another discouraging loss.

Very similar in feel to the Maryland meltdown. Thanks for the reminder...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT