ADVERTISEMENT

Bye week

Deeringfish

Gold Member
Jun 23, 2008
I suppose we have this conversation every year but how do people feel about playing Wisconsin on the road after a bye week?

Most years I don't think we perform all that well after a bye. Interruption of schedule and all that. This year I was thinking it gives our depleted secondary a chance to heal up a little (though we just learned that two guys are out for the season). It also gives the guys some time to enjoy and practice under the vibe of big win. It is early in the season so we will not have shown too much but they also have a bye week so that is a wash.

What do people think?

I suppose we have this conversation every year but how do people feel about playing Wisconsin on the road after a bye week?

Most years I don't think we perform all that well after a bye. Interruption of schedule and all that. This year I was thinking it gives our depleted secondary a chance to heal up a little (though we just learned that two guys are out for the season). It also gives the guys some time to enjoy and practice under the vibe of big win. It is early in the season so we will not have shown too much but they also have a bye week so that is a wash.

What do people think?
I think it is convenient for the players to have a bye the week they start Fall quarter classes. NU seems to struggle when their routine changes due to classes.

Reactions: Alaskawildkat
They played pretty well after last year's bye (54 pts at MSU). I know the Spartans were down last year but Michigan and OSU scored a lot fewer against them.

Reactions: Alaskawildkat

What do people think?
I believe WIS also has a bye

Yes, we have a bye week and think it will be very helpful.
Badgers are a little banged up early here, especially on the OL.
Additionally, we're playing two dynamic true Frosh , Jonathon Taylor TB and Danny Davis WR, both got their first looks at college football during the first three games and the two weeks to get ready should help both correct some flaws.

Yes, we have a bye week and think it will be very helpful.
Badgers are a little banged up early here, especially on the OL.
Additionally, we're playing two dynamic true Frosh , Jonathon Taylor TB and Danny Davis WR, both got their first looks at college football during the first three games and the two weeks to get ready should help both correct some flaws.

Can we hope the Badgers get caught looking ahead to Nebraska? :rolleyes:

As bad as our loss was to Duke, for both of our programs that was the only undefeated team either of us has confronted so far this year so the real test remains ahead.

What do people think?
If you have to play'em - might as well win'em

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT