ADVERTISEMENT

Game Thread: Northwestern vs. Indiana

mshelton33

Jun 16, 2021
Northwestern (17-8, 8-6 Big Ten) is on the road at Assembly Hall to play Indiana (14-10, 6-7 Big Ten).

The Wildcats haven't won on the road in the Big Ten since Penn State on Jan. 10, and are a win is much needed after at tight loss at Rutgers. Indiana has lost five of their last seven, including their last game at home, 85-71 to Penn State. But, the Hoosiers have had their "bye week" and have not played a game since a Feb. 10 loss at Purdue.

I doubt the Hoosiers will be rusty more likely rested and hunger. It's going to be tough.

• Sad
Reactions: drewjin
I'm not sure about that foul on Barnhizer. The refs looked like they were anticipating an over-the-back, but the ball bounced out so far that there was none.

• Angry
Bad foul by Brooks, Indiana player had good position for reboumd.

If they get to the half cClos, Boo and Brooks will be rested.

LaPhonso Ellis is all about the second guess. I don’t mind an announcer occasionally pointing out what a team should have done, but he does it on every possession.

• Haha
Would rather not have our two top scorers with two fouls. Yet, solid half by the cats.

Will probably need to be a bit better on offense as it's likely Indiana will get hot for a run or two in the second.

The 2 fouls on Boo might be a blessing in disguise, because it forced us to rest him, and the rest of the team stepped up. So Boo should be well-rested the rest of the game, and Langborg is good to go for 40 if need be because of his "rest" in the previous game.

Probably a question for another thread and day, but why does Collins have to be forced into playing/developing players. This could be a top 20 team

LaPhonso Ellis is all about the second guess. I don’t mind an announcer occasionally pointing out what a team should have done, but he does it on every possession.
It is a terrible train in a broadcaster. Because it makes the audience feel like they are watching two inferior teams instead of two good teams. I remember Walton ( I forget his first name, he was a center for The Trailsblazers? years ago.) some how got the gig during the NBA play offs. Anyway, you're in the final four and you would think that both teams didn't belong to be there. He really took the air out of the ballon. I remember listen to him and realizing that Michael Jordon really stank as a BB player. /s

Probably a question for another thread and day, but why does Collins have to be forced into playing/developing players. This could be a top 20 team
I think he feels that in order to get into the Big Dance he has to win every game even the ones that should be gimies. Playing in the B1g does bring a ton of pressure.

If you’re talking Mullins he wasn’t practicing well and had mental errors in the scrimmage. Clayton played defense well enough and wasn’t turning the ball over so he leaped him in minutes. Then when Berry went down someone had to step up. Smith playing above Mullins was a clear message and coaching move. Payed off imo. It was never about being forced to play Mullins but making him step it up.

I’ve been a big fan of Mullins upside since I’ve watched his Denver tape but give me more Berry minutes any day.

Reactions: Zootcat
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT