ADVERTISEMENT

Game Thread: Northwestern vs. Iowa (Billy McKinney Night)

NU is such a well coached team. The way Boo and Smith switched in transition and Boo got the stop in the post was just tremendous.

Still in it. Go Cats.

• Love
Reactions: drewjin
Dammit. Need to score. Still time. Let’s go CATS!

How the heck did we give up a transition look after Brooks' made 3. That plus the long review completely killed the Cats momentum

• Sad
We’re not finishing at the rim. Brooks and Luke both missed makeable shots.

How the heck did we give up a transition look after Brooks' made 3. That plus the long review completely killed the Cats momentum
Yeah, I just rewatched. Hunger was at midcourt and his dude was catching the pass on the foul line.

(It wasn’t Martinelli. He was already matching up with his guy. Just double-checked.)

The refs seem to have it out for NU. Sucks because if we were full strength it would be a different story. Sucks when it's 5 on 6

I get it why Mullins is not playing. Iowa plays with speed, motion, you have to be very concentrated, even on transition defense to not lose your defensive assignment. And Mullins is bad with being caught out of position.

unfortunately for us, Clayton is close to unplayable. So we are freaking gasssed.

Might come down to having to beat MN to not sweat selection Sunday.

• Sad
Just unfortunate with all of these injuries. Could derail our ncaa pursuit

I don’t know what the jump stop rules are, but Perkins took a crow hop, leapt, landed on one foot and stepped with the other before that pass for the three.
Yep, it was an obvious travel

The word pop came out of nicholson’s mouth. Don’t know if it was heard a pop or no pop.

He’s in the locker room.
Michigan kid. Pretty sure he just wanted to make sure that there was a Faygo ready for him.
I really nailed this joke. I know y’all missed it in the flow of the game.

Besides Boo, Matt is the only indispensable player on this roster. Preston had a rough go in the last ten minutes defensively.

Gosh I hope Matt’s okay.

Hunger and Clayton are both liabilities on offense and defense, and Preston is as well. If MN is gone for the season, it's going to be difficult for us to win another game.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2388bb and EagerFan
I really nailed this joke. I know y’all missed it in the flow of the game.

Besides Boo, Matt is the only indispensable player on this roster. Preston had a rough go in the last ten minutes defensively.

Gosh I hope Matt’s okay.
I enjoyed the joke. I will patiently wait to do a Big Red joke for some more southern dude

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT