ADVERTISEMENT

Game Thread: Nebraska vs. Northwestern

mshelton33

Jun 16, 2021
Northwestern (15-7, 6-5 Big Ten) hosts Nebraska (16-7, 6-6 Big Ten) at Welsh-Ryan Arena tonight, the arena clock is on pace for an 8:05 pm tip. The game will air on BTN.

This is a key game for the Wildcats, who are unbeaten at home in the Big Ten this season, and lost two on the road last week. Nebraska has been fearsome at home with a 14-1 record, including a 75-69 win over Northwestern earlier this season 2.5 weeks ago, but struggled on the road with just a 1-6 record in true road games.

Michigan beats Wisconsin. It's hard to win on the road. Let's keep that trend going tonight.

Reactions: PURPLECAT88
Boo has missed two one-footed fadeaways today. I won’t ask Boo to stop being Boo, but there’s a big difference between a floater with intent and a fade because he’s lost.

Reactions: drewjin
Boo has missed two one-footed fadeaways today. I won’t ask Boo to stop being Boo, but there’s a big difference between a floater with intent and a fade because he’s lost.
I always love free coaching advice from a fellow freeloader.

It’s literally priceless

• Haha
Reactions: IGNORE2
Really impressed with Juwan Gary. He's the only Husker playing well.

No complaints about a 16-point halftime lead.

Nervous to be down Berry. Seems like it’s showtime for Clayton. Wish he had knocked down that 3 that rimmed out. But good late shot-clock defense.

Really liked the first half Langborg played. His shooting was decent, but he did some really good things driving the basket and with defense. Boo deservedly gets all the glory, but Langborg is stepping up tonight.

Really wanted Clayton's three to go down. That guy needs a basket. I'm not saying he has no confidence - it's just that he gets so little opportunity to impress Collins before he inevitably does something to get the quick hook. A few baskets would go a long way toward getting Collins' confidence, and if Berry is hurt, NU will need him.

Berry… I hope the kid is okay. But it’s the only position outside C that we have depth. Question is, do have someone to step into the Mart role? Do you run Hungar or Preston at the 4? Do you add Mullins to the rotation?

I think I run Preston at the four and change the rotation so that Mart subs 3 and 4 and Clayton for 1 and 2.

Collins will play Mart at the 4, Barnhizer will run the 1 when Boo sits. Clayton will play at the 2. The three 5s will continue to play there. Because that's what Collins does.

• Sad
Reactions: PurpleWhiteBoy
Berry looked he banged knees. Hopefully, just an ouchie.

Martenelli can get additional minutes in second half.

Clayton did a good job in d, cause the tominaga air ball and got and extra possession fighting over the screen.

MN stepping up so far.

Reactions: drewjin
Really liked the first half Langborg played. His shooting was decent, but he did some really good things driving the basket and with defense. Boo deservedly gets all the glory, but Langborg is stepping up tonight.

Really wanted Clayton's three to go down. That guy needs a basket. I'm not saying he has no confidence - it's just that he gets so little opportunity to impress Collins before he inevitably does something to get the quick hook. A few baskets would go a long way toward getting Collins' confidence, and if Berry is hurt, NU will need him.
Agree with this entirely. I’ve been impressed with Langborg all game. He’s facilitating at a level I haven’t seen before.

Really good smart ball by the Cats right now. Great pass by Langborg, understanding the mismatch. And great D that prior possession. Watched Clayton closely and I agree - really strong defender.

Martinelli isn't a *great* three-pointer shooter, but if they're going to leave him open, he'll gladly take (and make) that shot. He's heating up!

Hunger reversion to the mean continues after success earlier this year.

Hunger needs to watch old clips of how Ryan Young consistently finished around the hoop. Zero confidence in traffic.

Reactions: ballerog711
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT